Runtime error 217 at 0063F262[SOLVED]

This is a new forum for the OC4BAv4.
Pack64

Runtime error 217 at 0063F262[SOLVED]

Post by Pack64 »

Hi,

Everytime I run OC4BAv4 (v 4.4.0.0) and I push Config I see the Config screen but I get an error "Runtime error 217 at 0063F262", I hit OK and the program closes.

I have installed in my Windows 10 X64 C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2015 and the lates .Net Framework.

Any help is appreciated.

Frank
mvr1918
Site Admin

Re: Runtime error 217 at 0063F262

Post by mvr1918 »

Never seen this error message before.

Before you follow the advice below, make 110% sure you have installed both SIOC and OC4BAv4 as stated in the OC4BAv4 documentation.

After checking and if needed another fresh installation of SIOC and OC4BAv4, continue below.

I found this on a Microsoft Community forum.

......................................................................................................................

The Runtime Error 217 at 004bb10d error may be caused by windows system files damage. The corrupted system files entries can be a real threat to the well-being of your computer.

There can be many events, which may have resulted in the system files errors. An incomplete installation, an incomplete uninstall, improper deletion of applications or hardware. It can also be caused, if your computer is recovered from a virus or adware/spyware attack or by an improper shutdown of the computer. All the above actives may result in the deletion or corruption of the entries in the windows system files. This corrupted system file will lead to the missing and wrongly linked information and files needed for the proper working of the application.

Please follow these methods, mentioned below to resolve the issue.

Method 1:

SFC Scan:

If the issue persists, I suggest you to perform a SFC Scan and check, if it helps.

System file check is a utility built into the Operating System that will check for system file corruption .The sfc /scannow command (System File Check) scans the integrity of all protected operating system files and replaces incorrect, corrupted, changed, or damaged versions with the correct versions where possible.

Please click on the below link and follow the procedure to run SFC Scan.

Click on, http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/wind ... 5b60477a93

Note: Do not close the Command Prompt Window until the verification is 100% complete. The scan results will be shown after this process is finished.

Method 2:

If the issue persists, I suggest you to boot the computer to Safe Mode and check, if the issue occurs. If the issue do not occur in Safe Mode, I suggest you to set the computer in a clean boot state and check, if it helps.

Step 1:

I would suggest you to refer the article and check, if it helps.

Windows Startup Settings (including safe mode).

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/wind ... #v1h=tab01

Step 2:

If the issue do not occur in Safe Mode, perform a clean boot and check. Setting the system in a clean boot state will help to identify if any third party applications or startup items are causing the issue.

How to perform a clean boot in Windows.
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929135

Warning: After clean boot troubleshooting steps, refer to the section "How to reset the computer to start as usual after troubleshooting with clean boot" in the provided link to return your computer to Normal startup mode.

Hope this information helps you. Kindly, post back with the updated issue for further assistance.

Thank you.
Pack64

Post by Pack64 »

Hi,

Thanks for your reply. Problem solved, it has nothing to do with OC4BAv4, it was a SIOC problem. I run the SIOC.exe individually and it returned the same error, I was running the SIOC_60B8. I reverted to the Sioc_51B2 and everything is up and running again.

Thanks,

Frank
mvr1918
Site Admin

Post by mvr1918 »

Fine, I mark this topic as SOLVED