New script for PMDG 737 for MSFS

This is the forum for all your MSFS 2020 - PMDG 737 driver questions and issues
mvr1918
Site Admin

New script for PMDG 737 for MSFS

Post by mvr1918 »

I am about to rewrite the default scripts that come with Oi4FS' PMDG 737 driver for MSFS.

Hopefully this will eliminate some of the remaining issues that still occurs for some of the users.

I ask all users that have any issues to send their issues to roarkrsp@gmail.com.

That info should include a list of hardware modules in use and a desciption of the issues.

As I do not have any OVH-AFT, OVH-FWD and MIP hardware anymore, I need users that have these modules to do testing.

If you are interested to help testing, send an email to roarkrsp@gmail.com

Issues that I have registered so far are:

MIP DU swithces mismatch between hardware and virtual airplane in some cases
Light test behavior
mvr1918
Site Admin

Re: New script for PMDG 737 for MSFS

Post by mvr1918 »

A first new beta script is ready to be tested.

Send request to roarkrsp@gmail.com and a download link will be sent.
NobbyC_B738

Post by NobbyC_B738 »

Hi Roar,
sorry for being too late. I wanted to post my observations before the new beta script is ready. Now you were faster.

I think it is not a MIP DU switches mismatch problem only but a general problem because other knobs can be affected as well. I read through the Main Panel DU Thread out of interest although I don’t have a MIP. But I recognized some parallels with my OVH problems:

1a) User with MIP doing lights test: sometimes have DU switches mismatch
1b) User with MIP doing el. state change: sometimes have DU switches mismatch

2a) Me without MIP but with OVH doing lights test: sometimes have DC knob + AC knob + IRS knobs mismatch
2b) Me without MIP but with OVH changing el. state: sometimes have DC knob + AC knob + IRS knobs mismatch

In my case effects after lights test or effects after turning off battery are completely identical
Above observations lead to a general statement:

Doing lights test or changing el. state sometimes let some variables change their value (that should not change) what leads to further action like rotating knobs to a mismatch position

Questions should be:
1) What do lights test and el. state change have in common that leads to these effects?
2) what is the reason that leads to these effects? Timming issue or SIOC compiling issue or something totally different?

Does your new beta script take some of the above thoughts into account?

Knobs / switches behavior now and then after lights test or after battery shut down are my only remaining problems. All other issues were solved with script version 6.5.
So I’m really interested to help testing and will send email request soon.
Best Regards
Norbert
(EDDH)
mvr1918
Site Admin

Post by mvr1918 »

Thanks for input.

The new beta has a completly new rewritten script for the electrical system in the 737. A new simplyfied light test logic will be implemented in a later beta.

The existing cript code is the script code that was written for the first intruduction of the PMDG 737 in P3D. At that time there was little electrical state variables availlable in the PMDG SDK so my "own" elec state logic was written. Over the years and now with the MSFS PMDG 737 the SDK has envoled and have much more available variables so the script for the electrical parts can now be simplifyed and hopefully we can get rid of some of the peristent bugs.

This is the goal with the new script.

My problem is that I do not have the OVH and MIP hardware up and running any more, so my testing ability is limited.

I therefore need testers with OVH and MIP hardware.
James Curry

Post by James Curry »

I'm interested in this little project,
Following, and happy to test as well

James.
James Curry
Loadmaster
sloppy1918

Post by sloppy1918 »

Just to repeat:

If you are interested to help testing, send an email to roarkrsp@gmail.com
and request the PMDG 737 beta script.
biggstuff

Post by biggstuff »

Hey fellas,
Have any of you been trying some new script from Roar
I tried a couple and gave him feedback but its been a while.
Just checking in.