OC Aft Overhead USB dimmer

The forum for all issues related to the new OC4BAv5 and the new OCP4NGXu driver for PMDG B737NGXu.
James Curry

OC Aft Overhead USB dimmer

Post by James Curry »

Hi,

I have the OC aft overhead panel with the IRS, Audio and LE Devices units as well as a dimmer card which all feature BKI backlit technology

Can anyone point me in the correct direction to get the whole lot to light up correctly with an OC dimmer card which I also have.
Do I plug the card in with USB or no USB? At the moment I see the card has an IDC16 cable connector as does the aft overhead board so I guess these plug in to one another somehow as well,

Any help would be appreciated to get these units working

James
James Curry
Loadmaster
mvr1918
Site Admin

Re: OC Aft Overhead USB dimmer

Post by mvr1918 »

Have you been able to get your OVH-AFT work OK? Is it only the dimmer functions that are not working OK?
James Curry

Post by James Curry »

Hi, thanks for the reply, yes the panel works absolutley flawlessley but I want to know how I get the BKI backlight technology to work as all the parts that have the backlights are currently not illuminated and I see no way how to get them lit. It must be some coding thats needed but not sure what exactly.
James Curry
Loadmaster
James Curry

Post by James Curry »

Hi,

I still haven't got the BKI backlighting working with a USB dimmer card yet, if anyone can help much appreciated.
Do I need to add some code to sioc to get this all to work?
James Curry
Loadmaster
James Curry

Post by James Curry »

I've sorted this issue now, all it turned out was that the dimmer control card is connected vis the ribbon cable. USB connected and usb powers the card. The external power is set as external and I have a 5v input power to the input source. The pot is set to control all pots and outputs and it all works absolutely fine now. Guess the usb power on its own isn't enough to supply the backlights.
James Curry
Loadmaster