Changing the CDU script to open external program

The forum for all issues related to the new OC4BAv5 and the new OCP4NGXu driver for PMDG B737NGXu.
737Andi737

Changing the CDU script to open external program

Post by 737Andi737 »

Hi,

I have a question regarding the opencockpits CDU in combination with the NGXu. 

It is working mostly fine for me :) 

However it would be awesome to have the following option. If I go into ACARS menu and hit a certain LSKEY on the hardware CDU it should trigger an .exe or .bat file.

The .bat or .exe file would be a small program fetching Metar and flight plan data and send it to my thermal printer in the Pedestal. I would have the .exe/.bat tool ready. Im just looking for a solution to open it with the opencockpits CDU hardware.

Do you think this it is easy to program such a thing by altering(?) your script?

Thank you!

Best regards Andreas
737Andi737

Re: Changing the CDU script to open external program

Post by 737Andi737 »

Hi Roar, would that theoretically be possible or is there a limitation due to the PMDG software?
mvr1918
Site Admin

Post by mvr1918 »

Everything is possible, but it could be hard to implement. I will have a look when time allows.
737Andi737

Post by 737Andi737 »

Such an option would be so awesome and it would open a wide area of individual customization for so many users.

Can you maybe assign a free LSKEY in a certain submenu for that?
So maybe have the .exe triggered when that special key only in the ACARS menu is pressed? I do not know if its even possible to give that line in the CDU a self chosen name? Last thing is however not necessary.
mvr1918
Site Admin

Post by mvr1918 »

An updated OCP4NGXu driver has been sent to you for testing. Report back here.