NGXu air temp rotary switch

The forum for all issues related to the new OC4BAv5 and the new OCP4NGXu driver for PMDG B737NGXu.
PH-JRJ

Re: NGXu air temp rotary switch

Post by PH-JRJ »

This is good news James!
I will add this part of the script to mine and wire up the rotary and 3 pots and start wiring my DU pots aswell. :D
You made my day!

Best regards

Remco
James Curry

Post by James Curry »

Well I thought i had got it just perfect but have noticed some rather strange behaviour when sioc alanogics are scripted and up and running.

It slows the whole sioc application down to a crawl, I think its something to do with the fact that the pots are always giving out a data source so with so many signals its getting overloaded, when I load up the ioc console its going mental with the amount of data its giving out.

For the time being ive had to disable the pots and everything is back to normal,

I wonder if I could use a rotary encoder in situ of a pot and if that would give better results???
James Curry
Loadmaster
PH-JRJ

Post by PH-JRJ »

i'm experiencing the same, maybe Roar has a solution for this I know he scripted the steering tiller in Sioc and this is a potmeter too.
James Curry

Post by James Curry »

In light of the issues were experiencing with analogic inputs and it slowing the whole system down to a crawl I decided sadly to ditch sioc for this part of the sim and eventually ran the cabin temperaure pots and main display pots in to corresponding mobiflight arduino boards ive got in the OH and MIP and went down that route as all the PMDG variables are already in the mobiflight software. Have it all set up within minutes so wish i'd gone down that route originally as it was far simpler to setup! Just my take on it. The arduino boards power the overhead wet compass, rotary encoders for the flt alt and land alt, cabin temp pots, in the MIP they are there for the display brightness pots.
James Curry
Loadmaster
mvr1918
Site Admin

Post by mvr1918 »

As the values of the analogic inputs more or less always changes, those inputs should be filtered in the scripts to avoid overloading SIOC.

Add scripting code so that the temp variable only changes when input variable changes more than a specific value or withing a special range.
PH-JRJ

Post by PH-JRJ »

Hi James

So you have wet compass, rotary encoders for the flt alt and land alt, cabin temp pots, display brightness pots, already working?
i also thought about Mobiflight but was not sure if it was working along SIOC

I will purchase ardino boards if no solution on the script is found.

Hi Roar,

maybe you can show how to script this part?

Best regards

Remco
James Curry

Post by James Curry »

Hi James

So you have wet compass, rotary encoders for the flt alt and land alt, cabin temp pots, display brightness pots, already working?
i also thought about Mobiflight but was not sure if it was working along SIOC

I will purchase ardino boards if no solution on the script is found.

============================================

Reply to above,
For all of these sorry to sound a defeatest but in mobiflight they didnt take long to setup as lots of people have done these before. sioc is impossible for some sim aspects. It seems doing digital rotaries, pots and stepper motors mobiflight does these very easily and far easier than sioc could do - plus you would need separate interface cards, stepper cards etc so an arduino for the "left overs and messy items" is really the way forward ive found. I've also linked in a button box to the system as well to handle the p3d ATC commands as well.
James Curry
Loadmaster
PH-JRJ

Post by PH-JRJ »

Hi James,

Will start with Mobiflight after implementing my 3 TV’s for outside view. They just arrived.

Best regards