Report bugs and issues for the PMDG 737 for MSFS here

This is the forum for all your MSFS 2020 - PMDG 737 driver questions and issues
NobbyC_B738

Re: Report bugs and issues for the PMDG 737 for MSFS here

Post by NobbyC_B738 »

Ian,
if you still have the inner encoder problem on COM-Radio, you can try little script modification as shown below.

I am using script Version 6.4 now and have had same COM encoder problems as you reported. With Roar's help I concentrated on Variable 2782 and did a minor change: I only added "static," and problem was solved. Inner and outer encoder work fine now on my COM Radio.

COM1.jpg
COM1.jpg (44.24 KiB) Viewed 672 times

It's worth a try

Roar, thanks for getting me on the right track

Happy and peaceful New Year to all of you
Norbert
Best Regards
Norbert
(EDDH)
idj4

Post by idj4 »

NobbyC_B738 wrote: Thu Dec 29, 2022 5:38 pm Ian,
if you still have the inner encoder problem on COM-Radio, you can try little script modification as shown below.

I am using script Version 6.4 now and have had same COM encoder problems as you reported. With Roar's help I concentrated on Variable 2782 and did a minor change: I only added "static," and problem was solved. Inner and outer encoder work fine now on my COM Radio.

COM1.jpg

It's worth a try

Roar, thanks for getting me on the right track

Happy and peaceful New Year to all of you
Norbert
Hi All

Many thanks for the edited code. I will try it asap and post the result. Christmas hols & family have taken priority over the sim, so I haven't had time to try anything since my last post.

Greetings & HNY to you all.

Regards

Ian
idj4

Post by idj4 »

Hi All

Managed to get back to the sim. :D

I tried script V6.4P and found the following issues with it. This is related to the MIP part of the script and were causing me problems.

Problem 1:

Var 2368, name bBELOW_GS, static, Link IOCARD_SW, Device 31, Input 33
Var 2377, name bBELOW_GS_1, static, Link IOCARD_SW, Device 31, Input 13

The Captain's and F.O's 'Below GS' are not INPUT's, as indicated in the above two lines. They are OUTPUT's, and their numbers are 33 and 52 respectively. INPUT's 33 & 13 are already assigned to other variables, as shown below. These duplicate INPUT's are conflicting, so the above two lines need to be deleted from the script.

Var 0512, name sGRDPROXFLAP, Link IOCARD_SW, Device 31, Input 33
Var 0465, name sFO_PFD, Link IOCARD_SW, Device 31, Input 13

The script has two OUTPUT's for Below GS, also shown below, .[/i]

Var 1298, name aBELOWGS_0, static, Link IOCARD_OUT, Device 31, Output 33
Var 1299, name aBELOWGS_1, static, Link IOCARD_OUT, Device 31, Output 52

Problem 2:

The Landing Gear INPUT numbers in the two lines below are incorrect. They should be numbers 69 and 70.

Var 0489, name bGEAR_LEVER_UP, Link IOCARD_SW, Device 31, Input 59
Var 0490, name bGEAR_LEVER_DN, Link IOCARD_SW, Device 31, Input 60

Again, these duplicated INPUT's are causing conflicts. The correct variables with these numbers are below.

Var 0475, name sAUTOBRAKE_MAX, Link IOCARD_SW, Device 31, Input 59
Var 2560, name bENG_BUT_SEL, static, Link IOCARD_SW, Device 31, Input 60, Type P

Problem 3:

I've noticed that the Oi4FS software is assigning TWO Mastercards to the MIP's USB Expansion card. This appears to be because of the following line entry in the Oi4FS.ini file:

MIP,IDX31m2

Regardless of the MIP being OC's Dual or Single seat, it has only ONE Mastercard. Having TWO cards assigned is causing spiking problems in the SIOC software, because it's looking for a second Mastercard that isn't there. I've changed my line entry to:

MIP,IDX31m1

It now assigns only ONE Mastercard and SIOC is running OK for the MIP USB Expansion.

I've based the above number findings on the original Opencockpits Dual MIP script. After deleting line variables 2368 & 2377, correcting line variables 0489 & 0490, and changing IDX31 to m1 the MIP is now working correctly.

Regards.

Ian
mvr1918
Site Admin

Post by mvr1918 »

idj4, Thanks for your info about faulty MIP numberings in the 6.4P script.

Comments to your findings:

Var 2368, name bBELOW_GS, static, Link IOCARD_SW, Device 31, Input 33
Var 2377, name bBELOW_GS_1, static, Link IOCARD_SW, Device 31, Input 13

These are inputs, but the assigned numbers are not correct. They exist in the PMDG 737 SDK as inputs and also in the virtual cockpit.
I do not have the factory built MIP, but a self built MIP based on IOCARDS. They were in use there. Not tested now in MSFS as I do not have the MIP up and running.

Anyway, if the factory built MIPs do not have these inputs they should be deleted, yes.

Your other findings seem to be correct, so I will update the "official" 6.4 scripts to match you findings.

At some point during the many updates of the scripts these faulty numberings were introduced.

Again, thanks for the information.
idj4

Post by idj4 »

mvr1918 wrote: Mon Jan 09, 2023 7:58 pm These are inputs, but the assigned numbers are not correct. They exist in the PMDG 737 SDK as inputs and also in the virtual cockpit.
I do not have the factory built MIP, but a self built MIP based on IOCARDS. They were in use there. Not tested now in MSFS as I do not have the MIP up and running.
My apologies for not realising they're inputs for the SDK. I thought they had been written mistakenly into the script. My reference is based on the Opencockpits hardware not having them.

Thanks again.

Regards
Ian