Oi4FS and SIOC

This is the forum to discuss and ask questions related to the new Oi4FS app for MSFS 2020
Skycowboy

Oi4FS and SIOC

Post by Skycowboy »

I just ordered and downloaded Oi4FS and Oi4FS ad-on driver PMDG 737 for MSFS.
I installed SIOC (vers.7.03B2) a long time ago and used a script for A320 Radio und Transponder module, therefore devices (IDX) assigned.
If I now unzip Oi4FS to SIOC and continue setup, will there be a problem or interference in SIOC with my old assignment?

Regards
Rolf
mvr1918
Site Admin

Re: Oi4FS and SIOC

Post by mvr1918 »

Installing Oi4FS and the PMDG 737 driver software will not change any script you already have in the SIOC folder.

What was working before the installation of Oi4FS and the PMDG 737 driver software won't change that.

Any "old" script you have in the SIOC folder will still be there after the installation.

You should have a backup of your initial SIOC.ini file before installing, as the Oi4Fs will install a special default SIOC.ini.

But to get the A320 radio module to work with any of the software drivers you will not to modify the scripts that come with Oi4FS and PMDG 737 driver software. There is a topic here at the forum how to modify a script so it can be used witht he A320 radio module.
viewtopic.php?t=1018&start=10
Skycowboy

Post by Skycowboy »

Thank you very much for reply. I understand.
I ordered the oi4FS add-on PMDG 737 for MSFS software, too, but I didn't get a download link about 40' Do you have experiences how long it will take to get the Link via mail? The first Link vor Oi4FS I got (after I sended a mail) within about 5'
And last question, please. This two software are able to work with my OC AFT- and FW-OVHD, isn't it?

Regards
Rolf
Skycowboy

Post by Skycowboy »

Hi,
download link received!
Only the last question as above: This two software are able to work with my OC AFT- and FW-OVHD, isn't it?

Regards
Rolf
mvr1918
Site Admin

Post by mvr1918 »

If you have the Opencockpits OVH-AFT and FWD panels they should work OK.

Use either the 5.1.ssi( for USB connected radios) or the 5.1P.ssi script ( for IDC connected radios) for best gauge output.

If you have the latest version of the OVH-FWD you must make a modification to to script.

Check here: viewtopic.php?t=1061

As every servo arm and connection is a little different assabled there are variation between factory built OVHs.

If the gauges readouts are not good accurate enough, you neeed to modify the script for a btter result.
Skycowboy

Post by Skycowboy »

Thank you so much. First of all thank you for great fast support and your amazing software!
I'm expierenced (a little bit) with SIOC to set up scripts and devices such as write and change smal scripts in the past.
Here, with this software it's not realy clear for me at all.

I use PMDG 737 with MSFS2020 and installed Oi4FS and the Oi4FS add-on PMDG737 MSFS software as you described.. First I used the Oi4FS-MS Default v.1.5 software, because no other suitable script was available during config process with basic Oi4FS.
The assignment process to my OC modules with Oi4FS was successful and I could identify the different modules. In the SIOC.ini assignment it was saved.
Then I started MSFS2020 with FSUIPC and PMDG 737-700 and clict Autostarter in Oi4FS and deep red color indicated that it's set ON and running.
But now it's not clear for me. Do I have to start the OiPMDG737.exe or will it be started automatically?- I tried it and got an error message: " The execution of the code couldn't continoued because SimConnect.dll couldn't be find. Maybe new installation can solve this problem."
SimConnect.dll is plced in the oi4FS folder!
And a further important question: Do I have to put the SIOC script Oi4FS-PM B737 v5.1.ssi from rksoftware-OiPMDG737 folder into =i4FS v2.3 folder and then assign it in =i4FS assignment process?

Regards
Rolf
mvr1918
Site Admin

Post by mvr1918 »

I'm expierenced (a little bit) with SIOC to set up scripts and devices such as write and change smal scripts in the past.
Here, with this software it's not realy clear for me at all.
There are many ways to modify or write scripts with Oi4FS. See viewtopic.php?t=1061
First I used the Oi4FS-MS Default v.1.5 software, because no other suitable script was available during config process with basic Oi4FS.
That is not correct. With Oi4FS there are many other scripts. Did you installed Oi4FS correctly as stated in the download email and in the Oi4FS documentation? I bet you did not. Just unzip Oi4FS v2.3.zip to SIOC folder.
The assignment process to my OC modules with Oi4FS was successful and I could identify the different modules. In the SIOC.ini assignment it was saved.
When making an airplane configuration an airplane ini file is created, not an SIOC.ini. The SIOC.ini is copied with the correct configuration info from the airplane ini file when the airplane driver is loaded either manually by clicking an airplane image in Oi4FS or when Oi4FS's AutoStarter is running.
But now it's not clear for me. Do I have to start the OiPMDG737.exe or will it be started automatically?- I tried it and got an error message: " The execution of the code couldn't continoued because SimConnect.dll couldn't be find. Maybe new installation can solve this problem."
SimConnect.dll is plced in the oi4FS folder!
Try to run Oi4FS as Administrator after a new installation of Oi4fS.
And a further important question: Do I have to put the SIOC script Oi4FS-PM B737 v5.1.ssi from rksoftware-OiPMDG737 folder into =i4FS v2.3 folder and then assign it in =i4FS assignment process?

Have you really read on how to install Oi4FS? There is no Oi4FS v2.3 folder only a SIOC folder. Please read and understand how to unzip the downloaded software and you should have a trouble free experience.
Skycowboy

Post by Skycowboy »

Thank you again!
Would it be possible, to send me a photo or link, in order to see how the tree inside SIOC after unzip Oi4fs looks like?

Regards
Rolf
Skycowboy

Post by Skycowboy »

Wow,
my AFT/FWD-OVHD is working. I'll test it and looking for fine tuning.
FMCv3 5'' display showed only my desktop background. Do I have to drag the MSFS MCDU screen
to OC 5'' screen?

Regards
Rolf
mvr1918
Site Admin

Post by mvr1918 »

There is no subfolder in the SIOC in respect to Oi4FS and the PMDG 737 driver and script software.
All Oi4Fs and and PMDG 737 driver files should be in SIOC man folder.

To clarify again:
How to install the downloaded rksoftware zip file
1) Unzip the downloaded rksoftware zip file to your Download folder(or any other folder you should prefer)
2) Unzip the Oi4FS v2.3.zip file now in the Download folder to your SIOC folder
3) Copy the Oi4FS_Bridge folder now in SIOC folder to MSFS’s Community folder (Can be deleted after it has been copied to Community folder)
4) Unzip the OiPMDG737.zip now in the Download folder to your SIOC folder
5) Unzip the rksoftware-oi4fsp737.zip now in the Download folder to MSFS’s Community folder

You have to drag the MSFS MCDU screen to OC FMC 5'' screen
or use Oi4FS_p737CDU which is a free.