Assignment of DCMotors Plus card

This is the forum to discuss and ask questions related to the new Oi4FS app for MSFS 2020
Skycowboy

Re: Assignment of DCMotors Plus card

Post by Skycowboy »

Hej Roar,

are there a SIOC EVENT for Indikation whether the aircraft touched down (means on ground)?

If I change the SIOC txt lines mostly Compilation is no problem. Now and again (sheldom) the Oi4FS
driver didn‘ active completely because hardware actions e.g. on the OVH not possible - but if I change a little bit e.g. thrust lever or flap lever then the driver will run corectly. I guess poti noise.
What could I do? You mentioned a noise filter, but how looks it and how could I integrate it.
To change the hardware potis by e.g. hall sensors would be the last possibility:

Tak og god dag!
Rolf
mvr1918
Site Admin

Post by mvr1918 »

Send me an updated script so I can take a deep look at it to see if I can improve it.
Skycowboy

Post by Skycowboy »

Hej Roar,

I sent you a PM with attachments - thank you!

Tak og god aften!
Rolf
idj4

Post by idj4 »

Hi All

I'm trying to write a script for my TQ. It uses the Opencockpits DCMotorPlus card, which I have assigned as IDX 14.

I'm finding SIOC rather confusing. I've looked at the SIOC tutorial on Lekseecon website, and the example given for a 2 way switch is written as:

Var 1 Link IOCARD_SW Input 23 Type I // I means "on/off" switch.

I'm trying to script the Parking Brake, which uses a 2 way switch, but obviously it needs the correct variable, device & input, so I've written it like this:

Var 2338, name PARK_BR, Link IOCARD_SW, Device 14, Input 4, Type I // Parking Brake Lever

However, this doesn't move the PMDG lever when I move the TQ lever, but I can hear to sound of the brakes being released, so something is happening.
Do I need to add more to the event line or is this sufficient, and something else is the problem?

Also, is there a variable for the parking brake light? please.

Thanks.

Regards

Ian
mvr1918
Site Admin

Post by mvr1918 »

I do not think you can set Parking Brake with just a click on the Lever in the virtual cockpit

To set parking brake, hold down on your toe brake for 2 seconds then press the Lever.
To release press the toe brake and parking brake is disengage.

To illustrate, there is a good Youtube video from 737NG Driver: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WQsKNo5o0Tc

Parking Brake annunciator: try Variable 1391
idj4

Post by idj4 »

Thanks very much for the information.

Where do you get the variable numbers from? Are they specific to your software or can any numbers be used providing it’s not duplicated? I have two additional annunciators on my MIP, which aren’t standard from Opencockpits. They’re the Take Off Config & Cabin Altitude, which I need to add.

Regards

Ian
mvr1918
Site Admin

Post by mvr1918 »

Here is the Events (Inputs) and Variables(Outputs) that are implemented in Oi4FS for the PMDG 737

viewtopic.php?t=1115

viewtopic.php?t=1114
idj4

Post by idj4 »

mvr1918 wrote: Sun Aug 21, 2022 10:16 am SIOC events for STAB_TRIM SWITCH on PEDESTAL

2727 = STAB_TRIM_OVRD_SWITCH
2728 = STAB_TRIM_OVRD_SWITCH_GUARD

SIOC events for CONTROL STAND STAB_TRIM

2347 = CONTROL_STAND_STABTRIM_AP_SWITCH
2348 = CONTROL_STAND_STABTRIM_AP_SWITCH_GUARD
2349 = CONTROL_STAND_STABTRIM_ELEC_SWITCH
2350 = CONTROL_STAND_STABTRIM_ELEC_SWITCH_GUARD

here is an example of script code used for a guarded OVH switch that could be used:

Screenshot 2022-08-21 121430.jpg

static is used to make sure the compilation does not change the variable numbers
the static variable numbers must be correct to set correct function
I too am trying to get the switch guards to move with the switch. In the usable example you give there are 3 variables, which are 2 for static and 1 for input. What is the 3rd variable I can use please being as only 2 are listed above. 1 for switch and 1 for guard.

Regards
mvr1918
Site Admin

Post by mvr1918 »

The 3rd is the input used to handle the guard and switch Events and that input Var number is a free Var number.