Servo Motor and OC ATC module

This is the forum for all your MSFS 2020 - PMDG 737 driver questions and issues
tonymon

Servo Motor and OC ATC module

Post by tonymon »

HI all,

greetings from Italy! :D

I have 2 question/issue to submit to you:

1. I have in the MIP the OC flap gauge connected to a OC servo board usb.The board is recognized by the SIOC and visible in the Oi4FS config.
Selecting it, I can see and heard the servo moving. I associated it to the MIP servo. When I load the 737 setting it ready to flight,I can see the 2 flap indicators (L and R) moving in a strange way, with very little movements and in a totally different position compared with the virtual gauge.

Are the servo implemented in the Oi4FS and 737 driver? If yes, have I to do some specific config? I haven't found any info.

2. The ATC module seems to works fine except when I go to set the frequency. Both the rotary switch go to change only the decimals (the last two digits) instead, I expect that the first rotary switch go to change the first two digits. Is there something I have to change?

Additinal info:

SIOC Ver 7.03B2
Oi4FS 2.3
The PMDG version in use is 3.0.39
The script selected is the version 5.0

Thank you!

Antonio
mvr1918
Site Admin

Re: Servo Motor and OC ATC module

Post by mvr1918 »

Yes, all gauges controlled by servos are implemented and scripted in the code.

There are several topics about servos here at the forum. Search for "flaps gauge".

The L and R flaps indicator can be somewhat out of sync from the airplane. As no Servo output and linkage is the same, you will need to calibrate the script to work better with your specific hardware.

You need to decompile the script you use to a txt file with SIOC’s Edit Script
Then find the script code for the Flaps and change some of the values so it better fits your hardware.
After modification, you compile the modified txt file with SIOC’s Edit Script

By reading the script code, you should be able to find out how it works and what needs to be changed.

Use ALT SOURCE to enable both knobs. An updated script will be soon released.
tonymon

Post by tonymon »

Hi, perfect! thank you!

I will have a look on the forum about the flap gauge.

Thank you for the hint!
mvr1918
Site Admin

Post by mvr1918 »

You are welcome