LE Devices AFT-OVHD PMDG738

This is the forum for all your MSFS 2020 - PMDG 737 driver questions and issues
Skycowboy

LE Devices AFT-OVHD PMDG738

Post by Skycowboy »

Hi, I just got a type rating for the B738 (simulator) by a real pilot and the check flight will be in a couple of weeks.
In this circumstances I noticed, that the LE Devices indication at AFT-OVHD (OC device) didn't work if flaps are in transit or set on the right side.
The left LE Devices indication at AFT-OVHD (OC device) is working fine.
If I press the LE Devices test button at AFT-OVHD (OC device) all indication at both sides are illuminated.
At AFT-OVHD virtually ink the PMDG 738 of MSFS2020 is working fine both sides if flaps in transit or set.
I tried it with script Oi4FS-PM B737 v.5.1 and v.6.1

I appreciate every help!

Best regards Rolf
NobbyC_B738

Re: LE Devices AFT-OVHD PMDG738

Post by NobbyC_B738 »

Hi Rolf,
I had the same issue some weeks ago. In my first post in topics "report bugs and issues for the PMDG for MSFS here" I reported a solution. It's on page 2, item 3 of my initial post:

3) LE Devices: on first try only the left displays show flaps activities, the ones on the right side remain off. I looked into the script and found two different CO variables: AUDI3_POWER_ON for the left side and OVH_AFT_POW_ON for the right side.

For left flaps display script reads:
Var 0240, name FlapsDisplayL, Link SUBRUTINE
{
C0 = &AUDI3_POWER_ON = 0

For right flaps display script reads:
Var 0241, name FlapsDisplayR, Link SUBRUTINE
{
C0 = &OVH_AFT_POW_ON = 0

After I changed the right side below Var 0241 to „C0 = &AUDI3_POWER_ON = 0“ as well, both sides worked.

Please try and have fun

Best Regards
Norbert
Best Regards
Norbert
(EDDH)
Skycowboy

Post by Skycowboy »

Hi Norbert,

thank you so much for your reply and solution. I'll try it very soon if I finished my current flight from EFHK to EKCH.
I noticed the different CO variables, too this day, but I didn't find the solution.

Best regards and thanks for fast help!!
Rolf
Skycowboy

Post by Skycowboy »

Hi Norbert,

it's working fine!
Before I posted in this forum in relation to this problem I made exactly the same changes in the script, but my
fault was. I changed it by txt file and it wasn't compiled, therefore it couldn't work!

Best regards
Rolf
NobbyC_B738

Post by NobbyC_B738 »

Hi Rolf,
good to hear that you had same idea and made it work.

It's working, but it is not exactly as shown on the virtual PMDG AFT-OVH-Panel. As a "nice to have" I want the same behavior as on the virtual PMDG LE devices panel, where groups of LEDs don't turn on at the same time but with a little time difference within a group. That looks more realistic and indicates that flaps don't get into position exactly at the same time, but also with a little time difference between single flaps. If I could get variable numbers for each single LE devices LED directly from the PMDG SDK than script could be modified and could be much more easy in that section. But up to now I have only found LE light test in the PMDG SDK but not the single LED's. I haven't tried if Variable Numbers 0208 - 0239 work directly with PMDG B738 without the subroutines, that are actually in the script. But I think they will not work.

Please let me know if you have a solution or when you know the direct variables for the LE devices LEDs

Best Regards
Norbert
Best Regards
Norbert
(EDDH)
Skycowboy

Post by Skycowboy »

Hi Norbert,
I‘ll keep you informed if I find suitable variables!
Best regards Rolf
NobbyC_B738

Post by NobbyC_B738 »

Hi Rolf,
thank you in advance

I'm a SIOC-Newbie. I started script modification in November 2022. In the meantime I have 99% of my OC hardware running satisfactory. Now I'm working on the "nice to haves" and on hooking up some self mades MIP parts and controll stand parts to my device 30 OVH. I understand most of the script logic and can do changes.

Actually my main problem is to find correct variable numbers that are not included in Roar's SIOC Variables documentation (e.g. for LE Devices LEDs).
Another example : The variables for the Eng starter levers (idle / cut-off switches) are 2323 for Eng 1 and 2324 for Eng 2. I found these variables in a post here in the forum where Roar helped another user. I tried and these variables work fine on my self made throttle unit control stand.

But I'm not able to find such variables on my own. From PMDG SDK documentation I found "THIRD_PARTY_EVENT_ID_MIN + 688 (for ENG1) and 689 (for ENG2), where THIRD_PARTY_EVENT_ID_MIN is 69632, but I don't see the logic to come from event Nr 69632 + 688 = 70320 to variable 2323.

Can you or someone else please help me to understand the SIOC variable numbers logic for the PMDG 738 events

Thanks and Best Regards
Norbert
Best Regards
Norbert
(EDDH)
Skycowboy

Post by Skycowboy »

Hi Norbert,

I'm looking for more informations which I've saved during time in order to help you.
Here as a first step the official classification of OC, but I think you know it (see attachment).
SIOC Variables Classification.7z
(212.03 KiB) Downloaded 94 times
Another subject is the exact calibration of the OVHD gauges. I asked roar some month ago.
Please see the link in this forum: viewtopic.php?p=4169#p4169
My problem is that the range e.g. in relation to the Fuel Temp. gauge is not to synchronizable exactlytherefore
I couldn't finished it at all. Maybe the OC hardware have to be calibrated,too.

Best regards Rolf
NobbyC_B738

Post by NobbyC_B738 »

Hi Rolf,
appreciate your help, thanks.

Yes I know the SIOC Variable Classification. I have found this in a document called "tutorial_siopc_eng"
This document specifies variable sections for function groups, but it doesn't specify a single variable for a single event.

I'm missing the logic or the algorithm that links a variable to a certain event, so that I can create the correct SIOC Variable on my own after I have found the event No. in the PMDG SDK. I think this logic or algorithm may be part of the driver or may be included in the bridge folder that is part of Roar's software. But I'm not able to read the driver or find the logic.

Roar has just published more variables for the controll stand (TQ) in another thread. This is very helpful for my project with self made parts.

For the LE Devices LEDs I will ask PMDG directly if they can advise event No's (Those numbers are not included in the SDKs that I actually have)

Best Regards
Norbert
Best Regards
Norbert
(EDDH)
Skycowboy

Post by Skycowboy »

Hi Norbert,
if I understand your question/problem in the right way. The numbers of the variables are not related to an algorithm or something else. The variable number is randomly assigned and you can change and determine by yourself!
Best regards
Rolf