PFD/ND Eicas displays on remote PC?

This is the forum for all your MSFS 2020 - PMDG 737 driver questions and issues
PH-JRJ

PFD/ND Eicas displays on remote PC?

Post by PH-JRJ »

Hi Roar,

First I want to thank you for developing Oi4FS with the PMDG 737 Driver. I migrated last week to FS2020 after many years using OC4BA v 4 and 5. My complete setup is working fantastic and reliable as always with your software!!

The only problem I have at the moment is the lack of frames. I have installed 3 x 70” screens for outside view and displays incl FMC for both Capt and FO on a additional video card.

For the pop out of the displays i use popout manager but loose 10 to 15 FPS in FS2020, more than I had in P3D.
I think a lot of sim builders experience the same. My question to you,, are you maybe interested or willing in developing a program for the sim builders to extend the displays on a second pc with network connection?

I think there is a market for it and also many happy cockpit builders

Best regards.

Remco
mvr1918
Site Admin

Re: PFD/ND Eicas displays on remote PC?

Post by mvr1918 »

At the moment I do not believe it is possible to make such an application due to lack of SDK information and the way the C++ technoglogy used by PMDG in MSFS is implemented.
The best way to improve the FPS is to use DX12 in MSFS and also use the special CDU app in the rksoftware PMDG 737 driver.
PH-JRJ

Re: PFD/ND Eicas displays on remote PC?

Post by PH-JRJ »

Thanks for the explanation and I will try DX12 and CDU app

Best regards

Remco