Annunciator blue lights

This is the forum for all your MSFS 2020 - PMDG 737 driver questions and issues
James Curry

Re: Annunciator blue lights

Post by James Curry »

Norbert,
Interesting reply from the PMDG dev team. Unless im missing something or there are errors they apparently say its already there but you and I beg to differ??
pmdg3
pmdg3
temp3.png (59.17 KiB) Viewed 1228 times
James Curry
Loadmaster
mvr1918
Site Admin

Post by mvr1918 »

I just checked the SDK for the 737 and the 738 and they DO NOT HAVE 0-1-2 implemented for all these variables.
Only the XFEED, ENG_VALVE and SPAR_VALVE hav 0-1-2 as they are defined as unsigned char. The other variables are defined as bool in the SDK, meaning they can only take 2 values, either false of true, corresponding to 0-1.

Maybe the latest 736 SDK has those correctly defined, I do not know as I do not have the 736.

If you have it, check the SDK.

The Oi4FS PMDG 737 driver uses the SDK from the 738.
NobbyC_B738

Post by NobbyC_B738 »

Thanks James for information.
Thanks Roar for confirmation. That is exactly what I have notice and what my script modifications are based on

Things could be so easy if PMDG
- will change values “1” and “2” vice versa for the fuel valve annunciators
- will implement 0 – 1 – 2 for the anti ice valve annunciators

As long as my dreams don’t come true we have to live with script modifications:

1) fuel valve annunciators: script modifications that I have previously posted. That were the easy ones.

2) Anti ice valve annunciators. These were more challenging. It took some trial and errors until I could create the final modifications that work fine during normal operation, cold and dark and don’t come into conflict with Roars magic variable during lights test.

I found 3 additional variables 1158, 1159 and 1160 that are related to variables 1152, 1153, 1156 and 1157. I have put these relationships and delay function into corresponding subroutines, tested for weeks without any problem and can share now

WING ANTI ICE:

Replace lines

Var 1152, name aVALVE_OPEN_L, static, Link IOCARD_DISPLAY, Device 30, Digit 58, Numbers 1
Var 1153, name aVALVE_OPEN_R, static, Link IOCARD_DISPLAY, Device 30, Digit 59, Numbers 1

by the lines as follows:
Wing anti ice.jpg
Wing anti ice.jpg (131.91 KiB) Viewed 1214 times

ENG1 ANTI ICE:

Replace line

Var 1156, name aCO_VA_OPEN_L, static, Link IOCARD_DISPLAY, Device 30, Digit 60, Numbers 1

by the lines as follows:

Eng1 anti ice.jpg
Eng1 anti ice.jpg (71.62 KiB) Viewed 1214 times

ENG2 ANTI ICE:

Replace line

Var 1157, name aCO_VA_OPEN_R, static, Link IOCARD_DISPLAY, Device 30, Digit 61, Numbers 1

by the lines as follows:

Eng2 anti ice.jpg
Eng2 anti ice.jpg (75.25 KiB) Viewed 1214 times

Don't forget to change digit numbers to your hardware numbers, than compile and have fun

For the shared modifications I have used delay 160 what is 1.6 seconds and what is very close tho the annunciator behavior on the PMDG software OVH. In my script I have changed the the variable 1153 delay to 170 (1.7 seconds) so that both wing anti ice valves don't get open at the same time but with a short difference of 0,1 second. That looks great to me, but feel free to change delay figures to any value you want.
Best Regards
Norbert
(EDDH)
James Curry

Post by James Curry »

Those scripts are absolutely amazing Norbert,
Good piece of hard work there and thanks for sharing.

Makes the -800 more realistic.
Thank You.
James Curry
Loadmaster
mvr1918
Site Admin

Post by mvr1918 »

The reply from the PMDG team seems incorrect. Report that back to them.
NobbyC_B738

Post by NobbyC_B738 »

Hi James,
thank you for positive feedback. I'm glad that are happy with my script modifications. Enjoy!

These modification should work for all 737-versions, that have only 0 - 1 values on the anti ice valve annunciator variables.

As Roar noted, reply from PMDG team seems incorrect. Maybe they believe us now or realize that no "2" is sent out for these variables.
I will verify IOCP Console regularly after PMDG aircraft update. If they will send out "2" sometime I will revise script modification, hopefully I can simplify.
Best Regards
Norbert
(EDDH)