UsbServosPlus card and panels (flaps, brake yaw)

This is the forum for all your MSFS 2020 - PMDG 737 driver questions and issues
biggstuff

UsbServosPlus card and panels (flaps, brake yaw)

Post by biggstuff »

Greetings fellow enthusiasts. Excuse my noviceness but I am new to building my home cockpit though not new to flight sim. So please be kind and gentle to me.
I did search the forums before posting but nothing on the UsbServoplus settings that was helpful (if I missed something I do apologize and would appreciate a pointer to it)
I have an Opencockpit MIP and completed the wiring. I have almost everything (my gear lever is not) working at the moment but having issues with the Servo Plus card which controls the flaps, Brake pressure gauge and Yaw gauge. I cannot seem to zero them off to work in sync with the position of the virtul cockpit.
I have tried manually moving the the needles to zero but whenever I start the PMDG 737 and Oi4FS, the needles do their own thing. Left flap needle would jump to flap 15 and Right flap needle would jump to flap 5. Brake pressure needle would still be zero and the yaw needle just moves to one side. So when I set flaps it moves but basicaly adds to the already wrong position.
I am able to move all servos wit the SIOC monitor as well as the UsbServosPlus.exe. So I do know the servos are all functional.
I could not find any manual with the UsbServosPlus software to calibrate the servos.
Please help.
Any detail instructions would be great as it has been an interesting summer project.
My panels are connected to the first 4 inputs on the card
S1 - Left flap needle

S2- Right flap needle

S3- Brake pressure gauge

S4- Yaw gauge
Attachments
UsbServoplus.PNG
UsbServoplus.PNG (61.12 KiB) Viewed 1220 times
Last edited by biggstuff on Mon Feb 05, 2024 3:12 am, edited 3 times in total.
mvr1918
Site Admin

Re: UsbServosPlus card and panels (flaps, brake yaw)

Post by mvr1918 »

Where are the FLAP needles in the hardware gauges when you set the lowest values in SIOC Monitor?

This table can be used to write down and find the values to be used in the script code

Screenshot 2023-08-13 111415.png
Screenshot 2023-08-13 111415.png (7.73 KiB) Viewed 1195 times

If The needles are not in the UP position when you have the lowest values in in SIOC Monitor, try to move the flas needles by hand.
IMPORTANT: DO NOT MOVE NEEDLES WHEN POWER IS CONNECTED TO THE SERVOS!!!!!!!
biggstuff

Post by biggstuff »

Hello Roar
Please see all the numbers for my servo positions. I found out that anytime I move the sliders from the monitor to zero the needles do a complete loop. Now these numbers are accurately collected values in the SIOC monitor.
Thx for your help!
Attachments
Servo indicated number.PNG
Servo indicated number.PNG (33.37 KiB) Viewed 1106 times
mvr1918
Site Admin

Post by mvr1918 »

BRAKE gauge should be connected to Output 4

The YAW gauge data is not implemented in the PMDG 737 SDK, but if you have FSUIPC you can get it working by adding some script code to the default script.

See viewtopic.php?t=1121

re: flap gauges

It looks like the UP positions have values (80 and 70) that are lower than the low value settings (PosL 160) used in the script.
Try to change to PosL60 in script.
Also add in your values:

example for flap L: replace 160 and 240 to 70 and 156 , 240 and 350 to 156 and 255, and so on
use the other values you have and do it for all flap positions for both flaps
You need to modify the script code in a txt file compile it to a ssi file after modification.

As you are building your own cockpit with Opencocktis modules you have to learn how to modify script and how to decompile and compile scripts.
biggstuff

Post by biggstuff »

Good day Roar
I made all the recommended changes and the flaps worked beautifully.
With the Yaw Gauge, do I need a registered version of FSUIPC. I just have the basic version.
I also moved the Brake Pressure to output 4 and it responded to the virtual cockpit movement. However the needle position is off.
I looked in the script to see if I could find similar numbers to what I did for the flaps but this is all I found below.
Is there a way to adjust numbers for the Brake Pressure gauge? Do I change the PosL and PosC and PosR numbers? Based on my numbers I provided Positions 1,2,3,4. How do I match it to PosL, PosC, PosR? Once I understand what these "Pos" stands for I should be able to play around with them to fit if need be.
Thank you for your time in helping me.

Var 1344, name TXRX_BRK_P, static, Value 0
{
L0 = 170
L1 = &TXRX_BRK_P * 0.2
L0 = L0 + L1
&SERVO_BRKpress = L0
}

Var 0511, name SERVO_BRKpress, Link USB_SERVOS, Device 36, Output 4, PosL 160, PosC 550, PosR 1020, Type 1
mvr1918
Site Admin

Post by mvr1918 »

re:
With the Yaw Gauge, do I need a registered version of FSUIPC. I just have the basic version
I do not know. I am not using FSUIPC myself.

PosL and Pos R are limit values to safeguard the servo movement. If it receives values byond the limits it won't move over these limits.

You can try to change the 170 value to the value where your needle is at 0 (107) and also change the scaling facor 0.2 if needed.

L0 = 170
L1 = &TXRX_BRK_P * 0.2

L0 = 170 \\ L0 = value where needle should be at 0
L1 = &TXRX_BRK_P * 0.2 \\ L1 = value recieved from the aiprlane X(mulitplied with a scaling factor)

The script used here is not as accurate as the script for flaps. If you want it accurate you can use the same script methods for the brake gauge as used for the flaps.
There are many ways to write the script. Try to read and understand the script and make your own, you can have exactly as you want with the right coding.

Here is an image that shows the script variables setting for the brake in the airplane
Screenshot 2023-08-21 140552.png
Screenshot 2023-08-21 140552.png (194.86 KiB) Viewed 1074 times
biggstuff

Re: UsbServosPlus card and panels (flaps, brake, yaw)

Post by biggstuff »

Good day Roar
I just changed the L0 limit to my low number of 107 and the brake pressure gauge is close to 95% spot on. I am very happy with this for now as I read and understand the script then I may venture into further tweaking. But for now I am a happy camper.
I did send a message to J Curry about how he got his yaw gauge to work and hopefully I can master that script first.
Thx so much
biggstuff

Post by biggstuff »

Sadly enough I am here again needing help.
I had setup my servos and L/R flaps all has worked fine. I have flown a few flights no issues.
All a sudden the last couple of days the L flap neddle will not go to ZERO. It starts from 15.
I went into the SIOC monitor and the range of that servo for flap L has reduced significantly.
What could I have done wrong for this to happen.
I do not recall doing anything different. No script changes has occurred in while and hardware has not changed.
Please help!
mvr1918
Site Admin

Post by mvr1918 »

I doubt that the servo limits and range changes by itself and certainly not by Oi4FS.

I would have done everything from scratch again.
biggstuff

Post by biggstuff »

Roar
I think I agree that the script did not change. I looked at all the values and they are the same.
So I went into the SIOC monitor to try and move the L flap servo with the SIOC slider. No matter what I did the flap servo needle would only move half of the range. It wont travel from 0-15 but it would only go from 15-0.
The R flap servo needle does everything as I set before and from the SIOC monitor the R servo has full 360 degree movement.
I tried contacting Opencockpits as well.
What is strange is is how nothing had changed. No hardware of script changes had occurred before this happening.