Time compression control

This is the forum for all your MSFS 2020 - PMDG 737 driver questions and issues
Alpin-Flier

Time compression control

Post by Alpin-Flier »

Hi Roar and all

Since some time there is an additional button on the chronos of the B737-800 named TC/SR, that offers an easy way to control time compression manually by 2, 4, 8,... or automatically by a predefined value (FMC configured). Of course, this button is not present in the real airliner and also Opencockpit chronos do not offer it. So I would need a separate control switch. My idea: use the inoperative, self centering flight deck door control switch. Pulse to the right: increase time compression, pulse to the left: return to normal time. Very convenient and facilitating long distance flights.

I found these definitions in the PMDG SDK:
#define EVT_CHRONO_L_TCSR (THIRD_PARTY_EVENT_ID_MIN + 3141)
#define EVT_CHRONO_R_TCSR (THIRD_PARTY_EVENT_ID_MIN + 5231)

Unfortunately these events don't react on commands via FSUIPC or Mobiflight presets. Neither I could find them on the SIOC event list (rksoftware). Did I miss something? I made a ticket to PMDG, but at the moment they don't have time to work on. My question to you: Do you have any experience or even a solution for this function? Thanks for any help.

Urs
mvr1918
Site Admin

Re: Time compression control

Post by mvr1918 »

I implemented these Events to latest(not released) PMDG 737 driver for MSFS, but there there is no reaction to any values sent to the Events.

To get this to work, it must be fixed in the PMDG airplane code.

If you find more info about this issue., inform to this topic.