updated event-List

Forum for the OC4BA v2/v3 and OC4BAConfig including the OCP4NGX driver
fschrewe

updated event-List

Post by fschrewe »

Good Afternoon,

in the News-Section of your Homepage you wrote that an updated event list would be part of the documentation for OC4BA v2. I installed the program this morning but wasn't able to find this event list. I need this list because I am using a home built Control stand including engine start levers as well as a fire Panel and rudder- / aileron trim. As you said that the old list is no longer valid, i fear that my old script won't work any longer and has to be revised...

Best regards,
Frank Schrewe
Regards,
Frank Schrewe
mvr1918
Site Admin

Re: updated event-List

Post by mvr1918 »

Hi,,

You will find the EVENTS and VARIABLES list here: http://flightsim4fun.com/how-to--downloads.html

There are still some issues with the EVENTS list. Mostly related to EVENTS for the Radios in the Pedestal.
Also the EVENTS for CDU are gone.

I am still debugging this list. Almost all EVENTS and VARIABLES will be as earlier.

If you have any problems, please don’t hesitate to contact me.

Thanks,

Roar
fschrewe

Post by fschrewe »

Hi,
I just revised my own Script for my home build devices. It was mostly about changing var numbers that are now already used in your script and changing some device numbers, I have still some some problems to understand how to do the script to make it work. These Problems mostly concern the Audio Control Panel and the Engine Fire Panel. Perhaps you can tell me...

On the Audio Control panel, I have the pushbuttons connested to an USB Axes card to adress them via FSUIPC. In Addition I placed a LED next to each button to show the active audio channels - but up to now I found no way to control these LEDS...

For the Engine Fire Panel I mounted simple (on)/off/(on) switches as fire handles. I wanted ton program them so that switch to the left -> discharge bottle 1, switch to the right -> discharge bottle 2, but I think I got mixed up by the number of entries in the Var list (1397-1402)and event list (2433-2438) --- I just don't know which of them to use.

I would appreciate if yu could hint me into the right direction.
Regards,
Frank Schrewe
mvr1918
Site Admin

Post by mvr1918 »

fschrewe wrote:Hi,
I just revised my own Script for my home build devices. It was mostly about changing var numbers that are now already used in your script and changing some device numbers, I have still some some problems to understand how to do the script to make it work. These Problems mostly concern the Audio Control Panel and the Engine Fire Panel. Perhaps you can tell me...

On the Audio Control panel, I have the pushbuttons connested to an USB Axes card to adress them via FSUIPC. In Addition I placed a LED next to each button to show the active audio channels - but up to now I found no way to control these LEDS...

For the Engine Fire Panel I mounted simple (on)/off/(on) switches as fire handles. I wanted ton program them so that switch to the left -> discharge bottle 1, switch to the right -> discharge bottle 2, but I think I got mixed up by the number of entries in the Var list (1397-1402)and event list (2433-2438) --- I just don't know which of them to use.

I would appreciate if yu could hint me into the right direction.

Hi,

I haven't done the scripting for the FIRE panel yet, so I am not that familar with it, but

EVENT are action sent to NGX
VAR are info sent from NGX

so you should use EVENT

If you don't have any the UNLOCK buttons under the handles you have to make a script that

when you turn you handle left - send UNLOCK - TOP - TURN LEFT

hmmm

I see your problem, I need to find out how to do this later when I have made my hardware. The PMDG SDK isn't very clear on how to do this
as there are none specific TURN LEFT - TURN RIGHT EVENTS

I believe you must send some specific paramenters

I will investigate a little more
fschrewe

Post by fschrewe »

Hi,
Thank you for your effort so far - I think I'll wait with programming these switches until I find more information about how to turn the switches...
One more Question:
In your Var_List you have the Gear annunciators numbered from 0 to 2. Can you tell me which number stands for which gear. i already searched the SDK for that info, but I couldn't find it.

If you are interested I can send you my script after it is finished.
Last edited by fschrewe on Wed Apr 09, 2014 7:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
Regards,
Frank Schrewe
mvr1918
Site Admin

Post by mvr1918 »

fschrewe wrote:Hi,
Thank you for your effort so far - I think I'll wait with programming these switches until I find more information about how to turn the switches...
One more Question:
In your Var_List you have the Gear annunciators numbered from 0 to 2. Can you tell me which number stands for which gear. i already searched the SDK for that info, but I couldn't find it.

If you are inteersted I can send you my script after it is finished.
Hi

I have done a new MIP script (incl. Gear handling). Will do the Fire next week and release an update to you all.
I am in Dubai right now, so I can't do it this week.

/Roar