OC4BA v2 does not show up in FSX Add-ons

Forum for the OC4BA v2/v3 and OC4BAConfig including the OCP4NGX driver
sdelvecc

OC4BA v2 does not show up in FSX Add-ons

Post by sdelvecc »

Hello Roar, just purchased OC4BA v2 and am using the OCC4BA v2 Documentation to set up the Opencockpits 737 FMC V3. Per that Documentation, I've downloaded SIOC and installed it on the same drive as FSX (C:/FSX and C:/SIOC), unzipped OC4BA v2.zip into the SIOC folder, Ran OC4BA v2.msi and installed OC4BA v2 into the SIOC folder, and added (copy & paste) the 4 lines of text into the exe.xml file, then saved it. Opened FSX and loaded PMDG 737NGX, however OC4BA does not appear in the Add-ons menu.
mvr1918
Site Admin

Re: OC4BA v2 does not show up in FSX Add-ons

Post by mvr1918 »

Hi,

Can you send me the text in your exe.xml file?

Here is a correct exe.xml file.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="Windows-1252"?>
<SimBase.Document Type="Launch" version="1,0">
<Descr>Launch</Descr>
<Filename>exe.xml</Filename>
<Disabled>False</Disabled>
<Launch.ManualLoad>False</Launch.ManualLoad>
<Launch.Addon>
<Name>OC4BA</Name>
<Disabled>False</Disabled>
<ManualLoad>False</ManualLoad>
<Path>\SIOC\OC4BA_Menu.exe</Path>
</Launch.Addon>
</SimBase.Document>
sdelvecc

Post by sdelvecc »

Hello Roar, thanks for your reply. I used the exe.xml file you provided in your reply and now get the OC4BA v2 in Add-ons after loading the PMDG 737NGX. I can click on the Ssymbol and view the Cockpit Setup screen, however, the Opencockpits 737 FMC v3 (i.e. the CDU) module does not have a green V mark. The 737 FMC v3 is the only Opencockpits module I have.

If I click the Settings symboL I get a message: "Get out of cockpit and let an engineer reconfigure the flightdeck for you. You are the pilot, not the engineer. Click cockpit window." Obviously, something is amiss. Would appreciate you help.
Thanks,
Steve
mvr1918
Site Admin

Post by mvr1918 »

Hi

See viewtopic.php?f=11&t=205

This is a thread for those that only have the FMC v3.

But , your FMC v3 should be showing up in the Detected modules window and autoconfigured.

Can you check your sioc.ini after running OC4BAConfig to verify that it is configured

If it is not working , send me your sioc.ini file, so I can check it

rgs
Roar
sdelvecc

Post by sdelvecc »

Hello Roar, here's a copy of my sioc.ini file.

[SIOC]
IOCP_port=8092
IOCP_timeout=4000
Minimized=Yes
toggle_delay=20
[IOCARDS MODULE]
IOCard_disable=No
IOCard_LPT=No
[FSUIPC MODULE]
FSUipcdisable=No
FSUipcRefresh=60
[IOCP CLIENTS MODULES]
IOCPini_delay= 3000
IOCPclient0_disable=no
IOCPclient0_host=localhost
IOCPclient0_port=8099
IOCPclient1_disable=yes
IOCPclient1_host=localhost
IOCPclient1_port=8092
[SOUND MODULE]
Sound_disable=Yes
Volume=100
[*]

I downloaded and installed the scrift file ocp4ngxv2.7e.ssi and copied it to SIOC file. But still is not working.
Thank you,
Steve
mvr1918
Site Admin

Post by mvr1918 »

Hi Steve,

Are you sure you have the FMC v3 HW? I asking this because normally the FMC v3 should be detected by OC4BA v2 and autoconfigured and thus be written into the sioc.ini file.
Your sioc.ini file has none FMC v3 configured and that is the reason it doesn't work for you.

Can you tell me what you read in the "Devices" window in sioc.exe. If your FMC is connected to an USB it should also show up there.

Try to connect to another USB port.
sdelvecc

Post by sdelvecc »

Hi Roar, the Devices window in SIOC reads:

IDX=*-USBFMC V1.0 Devoce = 148

Thanks,
Steve
mvr1918
Site Admin

Post by mvr1918 »

Hi,

Ok, so your FMC v3 is detected by SIOC ( the string USBFMC v1 in the SIOC device window is correct for FMC v3 ( strange numbering by Opencockpits, but USBFMC v1 is actually their FMC version 3)

It looks like you never have been successful in configuring the FMC v3 in the sioc.ini.

Make sure you do the following:

Run OC4BA v2 from FSX menu ( OC4BA v2 opens its main window)
MouseClick the Setting symbol in the OC4BA v2 window ( sioc.exe will opens and closes then OC4BAConfig opens and you should have a line FMCv3 in the OC4BAConfig Modules window)
Select PMDG B737 and OCP4NGX_2.7e.ssi ( download from http://flightsim4fun.com/how-to--downloads.html, this is a special configuration file for those without MCP in their cockpit) ( PMDG B737 and FMCv3 Captain should now be in the green windows)( this means that your sioc.ini is correctly configured for your hardware) ( show configured modules in OC4BA v2 should also now indicate that you have the FMC v3 configured by an green V mark)
The above should only be necessary to do again if you change hardware in your cockpit)

Now select airplane to fly and mouseclick cockpit window in OC4BA v2 ( sioc.exe and OCP4NGX.exe should start and FMC v3 is ready to be used with PMDG B737

Read also how to set up FMC screen at http://flightsim4fun.com/how-to--downloads.html

There is a known problem with the line up if lines in the screen with PMDG B737,. It doesn't fit 100% with the marks on the FMC v3 hardware

Hope this helps you further
sdelvecc

Post by sdelvecc »

Hello Roar, thanks for your reply. I've opened FSX and loaded the PMDG 737NGX. I then ran OC4BA v2 from the Addons Menu. The OC4BA v2 main window opens, warning box opens momentarily saying "Not a valid integer value". OC4BA CONFIG opens, but its greyed out. Finally, a second OC4BA CONFIG text box opens up saying that OC4BA v2 has to shut down. That's as far as I can go.
Thanks,
Steve
mvr1918
Site Admin

Post by mvr1918 »

It looks strange.

Try the following without starting FSX:

Download new fresh sioc.ini from my site and copy over old one in SIOC folder

Start SIOC.exe then OC4BAConfig.exe directly from SIOC folder

Setup your configuration as described earlier

Now start FSX and select your B737

Go to OC4BA meny in FSX and select B737 and mouseclick cockpit window

If this doesn't work, uninstall OC4BA from Windows Programs and Features and reinstall