OC4BA v2 does not show up in FSX Add-ons

Forum for the OC4BA v2/v3 and OC4BAConfig including the OCP4NGX driver
sdelvecc

Re: OC4BA v2 does not show up in FSX Add-ons

Post by sdelvecc »

Hi Roar, thanks for your response. Per your recommendations I did the following:
1.I downloaded your sioc.ini file and copied it over the old one in SIOC folder.
2.Started SIOC.exe directly from the SIOC folder but got the same message: "X Not a valid integer value".
3.Tried to uninstall OC4BA using Control Panel/Programs/Uninstall a program, however OC4BA was not listed as one of the programs to uninstall. I then opened SIOC and deleted the OC4BA folder. I then downloaded OC4BA v2 using the OC4BA v2 Download Link and ran/installed OC4BA v2 to the SIOC file (C:/SIOC).
4. I then copied your fresh sioc.ini over the existing one in the SIOC folder.
5. Downloaded and copied ocp4ngx_v2.7e.ssi to SIOC folder.
5. I then started SIOC.exe directly from the SIOC folder. This opened and closed the SIOC Main Screen ("Devices" screen reads: IDX=*-USBVMCV1.0 Device = 148).
6. I then ran OC4BAConfig.exe directly from the SIOC folder. That opened the OC4BAConfig Main Window, however the Cockpit setup box was empty. The Modules box listed FMCv3. The Scripts box was empty.
7. I then tried running OC4BA V2 from the FSX menu. OC4BA v2 main window opened. Mouse clicked the Setting symbol, sio.exe opens and closes, then OC4BAConfig opens however Cockpit setup window is still blank and Scripts window is still blank.

So, I keep trying, but no joy!

Thanks,
Steve
mvr1918
Site Admin

Post by mvr1918 »

sdelvecc wrote:Hi Roar, thanks for your response. Per your recommendations I did the following:
1.I downloaded your sioc.ini file and copied it over the old one in SIOC folder.
2.Started SIOC.exe directly from the SIOC folder but got the same message: "X Not a valid integer value".
3.Tried to uninstall OC4BA using Control Panel/Programs/Uninstall a program, however OC4BA was not listed as one of the programs to uninstall. I then opened SIOC and deleted the OC4BA folder. I then downloaded OC4BA v2 using the OC4BA v2 Download Link and ran/installed OC4BA v2 to the SIOC file (C:/SIOC).
4. I then copied your fresh sioc.ini over the existing one in the SIOC folder.
5. Downloaded and copied ocp4ngx_v2.7e.ssi to SIOC folder.
5. I then started SIOC.exe directly from the SIOC folder. This opened and closed the SIOC Main Screen ("Devices" screen reads: IDX=*-USBVMCV1.0 Device = 148).
6. I then ran OC4BAConfig.exe directly from the SIOC folder. That opened the OC4BAConfig Main Window, however the Cockpit setup box was empty. The Modules box listed FMCv3. The Scripts box was empty.
7. I then tried running OC4BA V2 from the FSX menu. OC4BA v2 main window opened. Mouse clicked the Setting symbol, sio.exe opens and closes, then OC4BAConfig opens however Cockpit setup window is still blank and Scripts window is still blank.

So, I keep trying, but no joy!

Thanks,
Steve

Hi

I'm sorry that you have to struggle so hard to get this to work. It is normally very easy and simple to setup and run.

OK, here we go again and start from #6 above as it now seems that everything is OK before we start there.

You say the Cockpit Setup box is empty.

This is normal until you select an aircraft from the Aircraft window. Try select the PMDG B737
Now the scripts for PMDG B737 should be visible in the script window.
Select the OCP4NGX_V2.7e.ssi script
Now both the selected script and your P&P FMC v3 should be in the Lower green box. This also means that your sioc.ini should be configured

Go to SIOC folder and open sioc.ini just to verify that you have the following text after [*]
CONFIG_FILE=ocp4ngx_v2.7e.ssi
MASTER=13,13,1,148

Now the configuration should be OK and you don't need to go through this part before you either change your script file or add more OC modules.

Now select your aircraft and mouseclick cockpit window and the SIOC.exe and OCP4NGX.exe should start and you are ready for flying
sdelvecc

Post by sdelvecc »

Hello Roar, thanks again for your reply. Before starting FSX, I opened sioc.ini and saw that it was empty!! I assume this is not correct, so I copied your clean sioc.ini from your website and pasted it into the main SIOC, overwriting the empty sioc.ini file. In your clean sioc.ini file there was no text after [*], so I added:

MASTER=13,13,1,148

The sioc.ini now looks this way:

[SIOC]
IOCP_port=8092
IOCP_timeout=4000
Minimized=Yes
toggle_delay=20
[IOCARDS MODULE]
IOCard_disable=No
IOCard_LPT=No
[FSUIPC MODULE]
FSUipcdisable=No
FSUipcRefresh=60
[IOCP CLIENTS MODULES]
IOCPini_delay= 3000
IOCPclient0_disable=no
IOCPclient0_host=localhost
IOCPclient0_port=8099
IOCPclient1_disable=yes
IOCPclient1_host=localhost
IOCPclient1_port=8092
[SOUND MODULE]
Sound_disable=Yes
Volume=100
[*]
MASTER=13,13,1,148

I then started FSX, loaded the 737NGX, and ran OC4BA v2 from the Add-ons Menu. Then selected the PMDG 737 from the Aircraft window and clicked the Settings symbol. SIOC main screen opened and closed. OC4BAConfig screen opened showing "ocp4ngx" in the top Cockpit setup box and "ocp4ngx_v.7e.ssi" & "FMCv3 Captain" in the lower Cockpit setup box. The Scripts box is empty. The Modules box has "fmcV3 -148". Is this correct? FYI, just to check, I clicked the "S" and got the Cockpit Setup window with all the devises pictured but there was no green V on the FMC/CDU. I then selected the PMDG737 from the Aircraft window and mouse clicked the cockpit window and then got the "X is not a valid integer" window followed by the OCP4NGX main window. To verify I opened sioc.ini file but now its empty.

Running out of things to try....your thoughts??

Thanks,
Steve
mvr1918
Site Admin

Post by mvr1918 »

Hei

Just use the sioc.ini text as you have in this email

Then in FSX go to menu , select Oc4ba setup & fly,
Select aircraft in oc4ba and click cockpit
sdelvecc

Post by sdelvecc »

Hi Roar, just did as you suggest. No luck. The "X is not valid integer value" window opens. The OPC4NGX then opens. That's as far as it goes. No OPC4AConfig opens.
Steve
mvr1918
Site Admin

Post by mvr1918 »

Make sure you have the correct sioc.ini
As stated before

Start sioc.exe from sioc folder

If you get the fault message you have a sioc problem
Reinstall sioc

If sioc runs ok start ocp4ngx from sioc folder
sdelvecc

Post by sdelvecc »

Got the fault message so I uninstlled SIOC and downloaded latesT SIOC (SIOC ver 5.0B5) which I installed to same drive as FSX. Used sioc.ini file per prior message. Opened SIOC and ran sioc.exe. This opened the main SIOC window
(Devices: IDX = 13 - USBFMCV1.0 Device = 148). Then ran OCP4NGX.exe from SIOC. This opened the OCP4NGX window.

So far FSX is not running. I assume the next step would be to run FSX and load the PMDG NGX and then load OC4BA v2 from the Add-ons menu. This I did. I then clicked on the 737 airplane in the Aircraft window and then clicked the Setting symbol but still get the same fault message.

Steve
mvr1918
Site Admin

Post by mvr1918 »

Hi,

I have changed the OCP4NGX_V2.7e.ssi. Please download from http://flightsim4fun.com/how-to--downloads.html

Just Copy to SIOC folder over old file.

I have tested this file on my PC now with only FMC v3 connected and it works OK

You don't need to change your sioc.ini file, It should be as below:
[SIOC]
IOCP_port=8092
IOCP_timeout=4000
Minimized=Yes
toggle_delay=20
[IOCARDS MODULE]
IOCard_disable=No
IOCard_LPT=No
[FSUIPC MODULE]
FSUipcdisable=No
FSUipcRefresh=60
[IOCP CLIENTS MODULES]
IOCPini_delay= 3000
IOCPclient0_disable=no
IOCPclient0_host=localhost
IOCPclient0_port=8099
IOCPclient1_disable=yes
IOCPclient1_host=localhost
IOCPclient1_port=8092
[SOUND MODULE]
Sound_disable=Yes
Volume=100
[*]
MASTER=13,13,1,148

Start FSX, Select OC4BA from Menu, select OC4BA Setup & Fly, Select B737 and mouseclick cockpit
sdelvecc

Post by sdelvecc »

Thanks Roar, but no luck. Still get fault message. Also now get a Microsoft.NET Framework error message:
"Unhandled exception has occurred in your application. If y0u click Continue, the application will ignore this error and attempt to continue. If you click Quit, the applicaiton will close immediately. The system cannot find the file specified."

Steve
mvr1918
Site Admin

Post by mvr1918 »

What is your .NET version. Go to Microsoft and download and install
4.5 if you don't have it