IDX numbers vanishing after OCBA starts

Forum for the OC4BA v2/v3 and OC4BAConfig including the OCP4NGX driver
fschrewe

IDX numbers vanishing after OCBA starts

Post by fschrewe »

Hi,
I just finished building my own script for homebuild parts of the pedestal and control stand.
But everytime I start OC4BA v2 to test my script, the Idx Numbers of my USB Expansion Card, Servos card and DCMotorscard are disappearing.
In your documentation you state that own build Modules have to be linked to a device function - but I find no way to add something like "Control Stand" or "Fire Panel" to the device list. Could you please tell me how to stop OC4BA v2 from deleting my IDX numbers?
I have attached the script - but it's still untested. I haven't found the right way to address the engine fire handles yet. I have used every event I found in your event list, but I wasn't able to link the Fire Handles to my (on)/off/(on) switches...

Another thing: Using your tutorial for FMC V3 setup, the CDU Screen is heavily distorted. It's very wide and only half as high as it should be. I don't know the meaning of the different numbers in the panel.cfg, so I had no succes in trying to adjust the screen size by myself. Could you please explain wich number I need to change?
Attachments
own.zip
script for homebuild panels (cargo Fire, Engine Fire, Control Stand, Audio Control Panel)
(2.4 KiB) Downloaded 302 times
Regards,
Frank Schrewe
mvr1918
Site Admin

Re: IDX numbers vanishing after OCBA starts

Post by mvr1918 »

Hi

But everytime I start OC4BA v2 to test my script, the Idx Numbers of my USB Expansion Card, Servos card and DCMotorscard are disappearing.
Not quite sure what you mean. All connected modules and cards should stay solid in the "Detected HW" window ( the name of the window in OC4BAConfig v2.02) of OC4BAConfig.
As i don't know exactly your hardware setup I will make some guessing here and tell you what I would have done to get things up and running.

First: Inputs/Outputs to a MASTER Card must all be driven by the same IDX number ( i.e. Device 32(IDX32))

Device 33 (IDX33) ?? Do you have a second Expansion/Master Card combination? If not all should be Device 32 in the script.

Device 32 (IDX32) is for handling of all inputs/outputs for Pedestal and Control stand.
Device 36 (IDX36) is for handling of Control Stand Servo

Device 37 (IDX37) is for handling of i.e throttle/flaps ( I don't see this in your script)

All inputs and outputs connected to a MASTER Card via a Expansion Card with the "device 32" (IDX) in the script

Modify OC4BA.ini
and add in IDX lines for additonal function not in OC4BA.ini by default
[IDX]
Ped_Control IDX32m1
Control_Servo1 IDX36
Control_Motor IDX37

AS Sioc and OC4BA v2 have no way of knowing what a detected Exp/Master combination have in mind, You have to know.

Let say the EXP/Master controlling the Ped/Control inputs/outputs is the first EXP/Master line in the "Detected HW" window ( you have to know)
Then link this to the Ped_Control in the "Operation window"
Do the same for the other cards.

With this done, you should now have a new sioc.ini with all configuration setup and ready for SIOC and OC4BA v2

I have sent you a link to the latest OC4BAConfig. This new version have same additional commads under FIle meny and changed windows names.
I haven't found the right way to address the engine fire handles yet. I have used every event I found in your event list, but I wasn't able to link the Fire Handles to my (on)/off/(on) switches...
2430 EVT_FIRE_BELL_CUTOUT_SWITCH
2431 EVT_FIRE_DETECTION_TEST_SWITCH
2432 EVT_FIRE_EXTINGUISHER_TEST_SWITCH
2433 EVT_FIRE_HANDLE_APU_BOTTOM
2434 EVT_FIRE_HANDLE_APU_TOP
2435 EVT_FIRE_HANDLE_ENGINE_1_BOTTOM
2436 EVT_FIRE_HANDLE_ENGINE_1_TOP
2437 EVT_FIRE_HANDLE_ENGINE_2_BOTTOM
2438 EVT_FIRE_HANDLE_ENGINE_2_TOP
2439 EVT_FIRE_OVHT_DET_SWITCH_1
2440 EVT_FIRE_OVHT_DET_SWITCH_2
2441 EVT_FIRE_UNLOCK_SWITCH_APU
2442 EVT_FIRE_UNLOCK_SWITCH_ENGINE_1
2443 EVT_FIRE_UNLOCK_SWITCH_ENGINE_2
2444 EVT_FIRE_WARN_LIGHT_LEFT
2445 EVT_FIRE_WARN_LIGHT_RIGHT

I will check to see if these Events are enabled in OCP4NGX. You could also go into SIOC/IOCPConsole and toggle the values to see if anything happens in the PMDG B737 cockpit. I believe you can't use 1 and 0. Try to find out which values I use in my scripts to toggle handles/Buttons on/off. I don't remember right now.

I have not had any time to look at your specific script.
Another thing: Using your tutorial for FMC V3 setup, the CDU Screen is heavily distorted. It's very wide and only half as high as it should be. I don't know the meaning of the different numbers in the panel.cfg, so I had no succes in trying to adjust the screen size by myself. Could you please explain wich number I need to change?
This could be as simple as changing the screen resolution to 1024x768 in the NVIDIA setup.

This feedback was written without any change to check things on my PC and HomeCockpit and all from top of my head. I could have miss something.

Tell me your result after trying my approach listed above.

rgs
Roar
fschrewe

Post by fschrewe »

mvr1918 wrote:]
Not quite sure what you mean. All connected modules and cards should stay solid in the "Detected HW" window ( the name of the window in OC4BAConfig v2.02) of OC4BAConfig.
As i don't know exactly your hardware setup I will make some guessing here and tell you what I would have done to get things up and running.
Let me explain: I have all my hardware defined in sioc.ini, but after I started OC4BA, only the entries for the Plug-and-play modules remain. All entries for USB Expansion Card (IDX32), USB Output Card (IDX33), USB Servo card (IDX36, with analog input used for spoilers) and USB DCMotors card (IDX37, not yet used due to problems with the dcmotors - the built-in clutch is too sensitive to move the throttle levers) are gone.
I made a copy of my sioc.ini before starting OC4BA and attached both versions (named sioc_before.ini and sioc_after.ini) for comparison...
Modify OC4BA.ini
and add in IDX lines for additonal function not in OC4BA.ini by default
[IDX]
Ped_Control IDX32m1
Control_Servo1 IDX36
Control_Motor IDX37

AS Sioc and OC4BA v2 have no way of knowing what a detected Exp/Master combination have in mind, You have to know.

Let say the EXP/Master controlling the Ped/Control inputs/outputs is the first EXP/Master line in the "Detected HW" window ( you have to know)
Then link this to the Ped_Control in the "Operation window"
Do the same for the other cards.
Thank you, I will try this during the next days - I think this information about modifying OC4BA.ini is missing in the documention
I haven't found the right way to address the engine fire handles yet. I have used every event I found in your event list, but I wasn't able to link the Fire Handles to my (on)/off/(on) switches...
2430 EVT_FIRE_BELL_CUTOUT_SWITCH
2431 EVT_FIRE_DETECTION_TEST_SWITCH
2432 EVT_FIRE_EXTINGUISHER_TEST_SWITCH
2433 EVT_FIRE_HANDLE_APU_BOTTOM
2434 EVT_FIRE_HANDLE_APU_TOP
2435 EVT_FIRE_HANDLE_ENGINE_1_BOTTOM
2436 EVT_FIRE_HANDLE_ENGINE_1_TOP
2437 EVT_FIRE_HANDLE_ENGINE_2_BOTTOM
2438 EVT_FIRE_HANDLE_ENGINE_2_TOP
2439 EVT_FIRE_OVHT_DET_SWITCH_1
2440 EVT_FIRE_OVHT_DET_SWITCH_2
2441 EVT_FIRE_UNLOCK_SWITCH_APU
2442 EVT_FIRE_UNLOCK_SWITCH_ENGINE_1
2443 EVT_FIRE_UNLOCK_SWITCH_ENGINE_2
2444 EVT_FIRE_WARN_LIGHT_LEFT
2445 EVT_FIRE_WARN_LIGHT_RIGHT

I will check to see if these Events are enabled in OCP4NGX. You could also go into SIOC/IOCPConsole and toggle the values to see if anything happens in the PMDG B737 cockpit. I believe you can't use 1 and 0. Try to find out which values I use in my scripts to toggle handles/Buttons on/off. I don't remember right now.
The test switches and lights are no problem, I had them already working with your OC4BA v1. For the Fire Handles I tried something like "If APU Fire Switch is moved to the left, then V2441=1 and V2433=1". I deleted the command because it didn't work. Even in the PMDG SDK I can't find any parameters or values to move these handles...
I have not had any time to look at your specific script.
No problem, I offered to send you the script once ready while I was testing your script for the CDU V2 a few weeks ago (it took a bit longer to complete it because I had little time), so its just for information - I don't expect you to do the bug fixing...
By the way: any news about your efforts to get the CDU v2 running?
This could be as simple as changing the screen resolution to 1024x768 in the NVIDIA setup.
the CDU screen is set to 1024x768, the other screens to 1920x1080 - both in Windows/NVIDIA and FSX settings. The result is attached as screenshot. If I knew the meaning of the different numbers in the Panel.cfg, I would try to adjust it by myself - but I have no clue wich of these lines I have to change to make it fit on the screen
size_mm=800,600
window_size= 0.625, 0.50000
position=8
visible=0
ident=402
zorder=99

gauge00=PMDG_737NGX!CDU_SCREEN, 0,0,800,600,L #0
Tell me your result after trying my approach listed above.
I will try to modify OC4BA.ini and report back after testing - could take about a week due to heavy workload..
Attachments
sioc.zip
(21.69 KiB) Downloaded 190 times
Regards,
Frank Schrewe
mvr1918
Site Admin

Post by mvr1918 »

Hi,
Let me explain: I have all my hardware defined in sioc.ini, but after I started OC4BA, only the entries for the Plug-and-play modules remain. All entries for USB Expansion Card (IDX32), USB Output Card (IDX33), USB Servo card (IDX36, with analog input used for spoilers) and USB DCMotors card (IDX37, not yet used due to problems with the dcmotors - the built-in clutch is too sensitive to move the throttle levers) are gone.
I made a copy of my sioc.ini before starting OC4BA and attached both versions (named sioc_before.ini and sioc_after.ini) for comparison...
I guess that you mean "after I started OC4BA/SetUp", when you actually start the OC4BAConfig sub-program. Just starting OC4BA shouldn't do anything to the sioc.ini.
If it does then I have a bug in OC4BA I have to correct.

When using OC4BA and the sub-program OC4BAConfig (from the SetUp Icon in OC4BA) you should not do any other manual or SIOC configuration of Sioc.ini.
The whole purpose of the OC4BAConfig is to handle the sioc.ini configuration, both for P&P modules automatically ( if you only have 1 per type of module or semi-automatically ( if you have 2 per type of module) or own built card combinations.

Looking at your sioc_after.ini tells me everything is OK in respect to how it is designed to work.

CONFIG_FILE=OCP4NGX_V2.ssi
IOCardUSB - Device = 48 // This is a detected Expansion/Master, but not linked to any Operation (IDX). Add in i.e. Ped_Con IDX32m1 and link
MASTER=14,14,1,34 // This is a detected USBDCmotorPLUS Card. OK in sioc.ini, must have IDX set to 14 in script
MASTER=15,5,1,29 // This is a detected MCP V2
MASTER=6,6,1,55 // This a detected Output Card. OK in sioc.ini, must have IDX set to 6 in script
MASTER=7,7,1,41 // This is detected EFIS. OK if you want it as Captains EFIS
MASTER=8,8,1,61 // This is a detected COM. Captain or FO, must be linked to COM1 in Operation if Captains, otherwise to COM2 if FOs
MASTER=8,8,1,59 // This is another detected COM. Must be linked to Operation window / COM1 or COM2
MASTER=9,9,1,63 // This is a detected COM. Captain or FO, must be linked to COM1 in Operation if Captains, otherwise to COM2 if FOs
MASTER=9,9,1,57 //This is another detected COM. Must be linked to Operation window / COM1 or COM2
MASTER=10,10,1,47 // This is ADF detected. OK
MASTER=11,11,1,56 // This is ATC detected. OK
MASTER=13,13,1,35 // This is FMC v3 detected. OK

A tip: You can lefttclick a line in Configuration window to delete an entry or all entries. F5 will refresh the detection routine.

If you try a little, you soon will figure out how OC4BAConfig really works.

I see now that there are some issues with the documentation I need to correct. Both Outputs and DCmotor Card are implemeted for automatically configuration, so there is no need to manually set up any IDX for them in OC4BA.ini.
The test switches and lights are no problem, I had them already working with your OC4BA v1. For the Fire Handles I tried something like "If APU Fire Switch is moved to the left, then V2441=1 and V2433=1". I deleted the command because it didn't work. Even in the PMDG SDK I can't find any parameters or values to move these handles...
Take a look at my latest script, I believe I already have made som scripts for Fire Handlers

Also, there is no need for Control_Motor IDX37 in OC4BA.ini. It is already taken care of, just use correct IDX in script as said above

rgs Roar
fschrewe

Post by fschrewe »

mvr1918 wrote: I guess that you mean "after I started OC4BA/SetUp", when you actually start the OC4BAConfig sub-program. Just starting OC4BA shouldn't do anything to the sioc.ini.
If it does then I have a bug in OC4BA I have to correct.
I just start "OC4BA" from FSX Addon-Menu. After the OC4BA-Window open I first klick on the upper left aircraft to select the B737 and then on the cockpit screen. I do not open the configuration menu..
MASTER=14,14,1,34 // This is a detected USBDCmotorPLUS Card. OK in sioc.ini, must have IDX set to 14 in script
MASTER=6,6,1,55 // This a detected Output Card. OK in sioc.ini, must have IDX set to 6 in script

Both Outputs and DCmotor Card are implemeted for automatically configuration, so there is no need to manually set up any IDX for them in OC4BA.ini.
I'm wondering why the outputs card is set to IDX6 - according to your documentation it should be 30-35.
Also I don't have the DCMotorPLUS card - it's a normal DCmotor card, that's not addressd as "Master=x.14.1.y" but as "USBDCmotor=x.y" - so this one isn't detected correctly.
Take a look at my latest script, I believe I already have made som scripts for Fire Handlers
I remember you told me some time ago in another thread (viewtopic.php?f=11&t=199#p452) you were planning to do the fire handles in the next week, but in the scripts you linked on the download pages (dated April 16), I can't find anything about the fire panels - if I had found it, I'd used it for my own switches...

I just edited OC4BA.ini and added entries for my Master Card and Servos card (I suppose I need another entry for the analog inputs on the servos card, don't I?).
I hope I find some free time to do another test tomorrow, and will report back thereafter.
Regards,
Frank Schrewe
mvr1918
Site Admin

Post by mvr1918 »

Hi,

I will send you an update OC4BAConfig later to day.
Also a new documentation will added.

This latest will use the following updated OCIDX scheme
Attachments
ScreenHunter_24 Jun. 01 13.54.jpg
ScreenHunter_24 Jun. 01 13.54.jpg (61.98 KiB) Viewed 4437 times
mvr1918
Site Admin

Post by mvr1918 »

Hi,

I PM has been sent to you with a link to the updated OC4BAConfig 2.02 date June 1 2014
/Roar
vpiragibe

Post by vpiragibe »

Hello Folks

I am trying to have my OC DC motor card ( not the OC DCmotor PLUS card ) recognized by the OCP4BAConfig , but it doesnt, even when I manually try to modify the SIOC.ini file

How can i proceed?

Regards

Vicente
AZWildk4t

Post by AZWildk4t »

I am also having issue with the IDX numbers vanishing from the SIOC.INI file. I would assign them manually in the file, run OCP4BACONFIG and it wouldn't recognize the settings in the file. Then used OCP4BACONFIG to set it. But then when I launched OCP4BA in FSX, the IDX would disappear again. It seems the best way is to run OCP4BACONFIG from inside the SIOC folder; don't do it while in FSX. I'm still struggling with other issues but I have a separate thread on that.
mvr1918
Site Admin

Post by mvr1918 »

AZWildk4t wrote:I am also having issue with the IDX numbers vanishing from the SIOC.INI file. I would assign them manually in the file, run OCP4BACONFIG and it wouldn't recognize the settings in the file. Then used OCP4BACONFIG to set it. But then when I launched OCP4BA in FSX, the IDX would disappear again. It seems the best way is to run OCP4BACONFIG from inside the SIOC folder; don't do it while in FSX. I'm still struggling with other issues but I have a separate thread on that.

If you manually change sioc.ini and later starts for example B737 cockpit the configuration in PMDG B737.ini is loaded into sioc.ini. That is why it change your IDX you have manually changed in sioc.ini.
If you instead always do the changes in OC4BAConfig ( either via OC4BA in FSX Addon menu or directly from SIOC folder) for the PMDG B737 cockpit everything should work OK.

Starting the B737 cockpit( either via OC4BA in FSX Addon menu or directly from SIOC folder) it loads the PMDG B737 cockpit configuration.

But you can have many cockpit names defined in OC4BA.ini, but the names of the cockpits need to start with PMDG 737, PMDG B777, PMDG B747.

examples:
PMDG B737 MCP
PMDG B737 MCP-MIP
etc

This is a vary nice feature for testing purposes. You just double click the OC4BAConfig / Active Cockpit name after you have selected the cockpit configuration you want and it starts the SIOC.exe with the predefined configuration and then the OCP4NGX driver.

But, again going via OC4BA it will only start the default PMDG B737 cockpit configuration.

Hope this clarified the usage of the OC4BAConfig.