OCP4BA gives error cannot find 737sioc.ini

Forum for the OC4BA v2/v3 and OC4BAConfig including the OCP4NGX driver
w4cdm

OCP4BA gives error cannot find 737sioc.ini

Post by w4cdm »

When I try to start the software following all install instructions I get the error that OC4BA can not find the file 737Sioc.ini and it will not proceed. I also can not open the configuration manager program. I have made sure that all the folders are in the correct locations i.e. in the same folder as the sioc install which is in the same directory as the FSX install.

Any ideas.

Thanks

C M
mvr1918
Site Admin

Re: OCP4BA gives error cannot find 737sioc.ini

Post by mvr1918 »

Hi,

Try the latest OC4BAConfig.exe (version 2.02) that you also got a download link to. This creates a 737sioc.ini if there is none already i SIOC folder.

Roar
w4cdm

Post by w4cdm »

Ok,

First thank you for the direction to go... I did this and was able to get the program running and got the config corrected to initiate the MCP... I do have a new issue now... When the MCP comes online it stays for about 5 seconds then all the displays turn off and only the speed and heading modes work. Any ideas?

Thanks for the help

CM
w4cdm

Post by w4cdm »

Also I had to add the master address into the last part of the sioc.ini config ---- MASTER:15,4,1,46

without this it will not see or initiate my MCP

Thanks
mvr1918
Site Admin

Post by mvr1918 »

Hi,

Do you have a 5V Power Unit connected to your MCP? Do you have the MCP v3?

Doing manual configuration should not be necessary. The whole purpose of OC4BAConfig is
to configure your hardware and set up a new valid sioc.ini, both for P&P modules ala MCP or own build Expansion/Master, Servo cards etc.

What is your Opencockpits hardware?

/Roar