Failing ocp4ngx during flight

Forum for the OC4BA v2/v3 and OC4BAConfig including the OCP4NGX driver
mneoud

Re: Failing ocp4ngx during flight

Post by mneoud »

Hi Roark,

I completely rebuild my system from scratch, and have been doing test flights, EHEHEGPO EHEHLEAL and EHAMBIKF. These three flights i have done multiple times only to have identical testresults.
To be honest i had a few times that OCP4NGX crashed, but that was because of hardware issues. It was the MCP in combination with the power adapter and the usb hub which i was also testing in different setups.

The reason, i guess, why OCP4NGX crashed all the times was a combination of harware setup end reinstallation of Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 Redistributable. I noticed during installation of the service pack sp1c for the 737NGX this package made some additions to the C++ 2005 redistributable. This C++ 2005 package i had removed and reinstalled again, but never did a reinstall iof the SP1C service pack so there you go.

As of saturday i did not have OCP4NGX crashes anymore so i think you can submit my post as "Solved".

Still have one question;
On my EFIS (captain side) i have the TERR button. In the scripting this is setup as the POS button. In the older freeware OCP4NGX script i changed scriptline from POS to TERR and recompiled it again and then the TERR button was functioning . I tried to do that with the new script OCP4$NGXV2.2.ssi but it doesn't work. Isn't this changeable anymore?

Regards

Rene
(Netherlands)
mvr1918
Site Admin

Post by mvr1918 »

Hi,

Thanks for this feedback. Tell me if you have encounter any crashes in the future. I do have a few user that have sporadic crashes so I am collecting every information about it to try to figure out the reason.
You feedback is valuable for me to invest further.

re: EFIS
I shall look into the code of OCP4NGX to see and make it changeable.
mneoud

Post by mneoud »

Hi Roark,

I will keep track of OCP4NGX crashes and send you the information from the event viewer. Allthough i hope there will be none or only a few crashes :) .

Thanks for looking into the code, regarding the TERR button.

Regards

Rene
(Netherlands)
mvr1918
Site Admin

Post by mvr1918 »

Hi,

I have a new OCP4NGX_V2.8b.ssi script that now has all buttons on both EFIS active.

The script is now fully compatible and working with an EFIS hardware configured with these buttons symbols installed:

WXR-STA-WPT-ARPT_DATA_POS_TERR

To have CTR you just push twice on WPT and to have a TFC you push twice on DATA
To have a WPT just one push and to have a DATA just one push.
The new updated is uploaded soon.
mneoud

Post by mneoud »

Hi Roark,

That's great. Thanx

Regards

Rene
(Netherlands)