No MCP option

Forum for the OC4BA v2/v3 and OC4BAConfig including the OCP4NGX driver
raflyer

No MCP option

Post by raflyer »

Hello,
Just bought the v2 of your great software. During the initial setup stage there is no option for MCP in the operation window. I need to link my own MCP which shows up in the Detected HW window correctly as a EXP/Expansion module Am I missing something here? In the older OC4NGX i easily edited to device IDX15 and all worked fine.

Thanks
Rob
mvr1918
Site Admin

Re: No MCP option

Post by mvr1918 »

Hi,

I looked into this issue and discover a bug in the configuration code of OC4BAConfig.

What to do if you have your own built MCP until an uodated OC4BAConfig is ready.

When you are in OC4BAConfig > Go to File \ Edit OC4BA.ini and add the line: My_MCP IDX15m1 then Save OC4BA.ini and Exit OC4BAConfig

Start OC4BAConfig again and do the configuration by selecting aircraft, script and link non-P&P modules to Operation (In your case the EXP/MASTER to My_MCP)
The My_MCP will at the moment ( in this version 2.03 of OC4BAConfig) not show up in the Configuration Box ( Large Green Box) , but is configured OK. You can check by going> File/Edit sioc.ini. You should now have
a MASTER=15,4,1,x line for your MCP.

You need of course to change the input/output numbers to match your input/output numbering scheme in the own built module if you use any of my script.

I will make an update to OC4BAConfig so the non-P&P MCP users will have it listed in the Configuration Box.

Hope this solves your issue in the mean time.

/Roar
mvr1918
Site Admin

Post by mvr1918 »

Hi,

A downlaod link for a new updated OC4BAConfig 2.0.4 has been sent you in a private message. Try it and tell me if it works OK for you.
raflyer

Post by raflyer »

Hello,
I figured out before I got your post, luckily I did it just the way you stated and it did work. Which by the way the new encoder handling is much much better.

I do not have any pm's so no update found?

I found a couple more issues and will start another thread.

Thanks
Rob
mvr1918
Site Admin

Post by mvr1918 »

I do not have any pm's so no update found?
Strange, I will resend the update
/Roar