737 MCP functions missing or incorrect

Forum for the OC4BA v2/v3 and OC4BAConfig including the OCP4NGX driver
raflyer

737 MCP functions missing or incorrect

Post by raflyer »

Hello,
I have a Opencockpits based MCP and EFIS but not built by them. It all functioned well under the older OCP4NGX and 2.8ssi

I am now using the new OCP4NGX V2 with the V1.0 ssi as I have no overhead yet. Most functions are working great but the following errors are present.

MCP, VS thumbwheel operates backwards. No - sign on VS display when descending

EFIS, CTR, and Traffic buttons inop, Baro adj inop, button push to set standard inop Mins rotary inop and push button to reset inop

I noticed the when comparing the older V1 2.8ssi code that is quite different than the V2 1.0ssi code in the areas that are not working correctly for me. I have verified all my assignments but I think some verbage is different and how they are handled are different.

Hope that all made some sense?

Thanks
Rob
raflyer

Re: 737 MCP functions missing or incorrect

Post by raflyer »

Just saw this on your download page,
In this script both EFIS are changed to have all buttons active
+ an update to have the VORADF switches synced better to PMDG EFISs. Push one time on WPT gives WPT , a double push gives CTR. Push one time on DATA gives DATA, a double push gives TFC.

My encoders have push bottons so they work like the real EFIS, is there a way to add that option? Maybe I could copy that section of code from the older version and splice into the new version?
mvr1918
Site Admin

Post by mvr1918 »

MCP, VS thumbwheel operates backwards. No - sign on VS display when descending
Try changing the

L0 = &ROTATOR_VS * -1

to

L0 = &ROTATOR_VS

either via Sioc/edit_config directly

or export ssi to text then change as above then compile again and save

The sign is here:

Var 0046, name D_VSS, Link IOCARD_DISPLAY, Device 15, Digit 18, Numbers 1

Did you change the Digit 18 to match your hardware?
My encoders have push bottons so they work like the real EFIS, is there a way to add that option? Maybe I could copy that section of code from the older version and splice into the new version?
Just copy the old EFIS code that where working for you over the new EFIS code.

But, if you want then new MINS and BARO rotation code keep that part of the code. I believe the old MINS and BARO code for rotation didn't work that well.

Hope this corrects your issues.
raflyer

Post by raflyer »

Hello,
I made the change to Rotate VS and that fixed that issue.

For my D_VSS I had to change to an output instead of display as you had it. Then changed the corresponding entries from -99999 to 0 or 1 where necessary.
Works great now.

The Baro and Min has me stumped as you have them labeled different now in your code. Could you explain a little clearer please what t-Min and t-Baro and a few others in the code what they represent .
Thank you
Rob
mvr1918
Site Admin

Post by mvr1918 »

The Baro and Min has me stumped as you have them labeled different now in your code. Could you explain a little clearer please what t-Min and t-Baro and a few others in the code what they represent .

Hi,

Those variables are just temporary variables used to determine which mode the knob is linked to.

You switch between modes by pushing the knobs in a few seconds to change i.e from IN to HPA or RADIO to BARO.

This was used in lack of dual rotary encoders in the OC P&P EFIS module.