Probably cause of crashes OCP4NGX (SOLVED)

Forum for the OC4BA v2/v3 and OC4BAConfig including the OCP4NGX driver
mvr1918
Site Admin

Re: Probably cause of crashes OCP4NGX

Post by mvr1918 »

mneoud wrote:Hi Roar,

We can rule out the Vri CDUII as a cause of the problem.
I did not start the software for the CDU and used the first officer cdu instead. Opened the forward en after overhead panels on monitor 3. Powered up and started programming the CDU with the flight information. When got the v1 vr and v2 speeds noticed that setting the speed on the MCP was impossible because the the connection was lost, meaning OCP4NGX had crashed.
So it isn´t de VrInsight CDU but it has something to do with opening and using panels on a monitor.

Regards

Rene
(Netherlands)
I have tried hard to crash OCP4NGX with opening panels and moving them around to different monitors. I have a total of 7 monitors connected to to 2 NVIDIA cards.'

I am not able to crash OCP4NGX. It is running fine whatever I do with panels and shuffling and opening and closing.

Do you have NVIDIA or AMD cards?

When you start OCP4NGX, do you start it on the same monitor as FSX and via the Addon menu?
mneoud

Post by mneoud »

mvr1918 wrote:

We can rule out the Vri CDUII as a cause of the problem.
I did not start the software for the CDU and used the first officer cdu instead. Opened the forward en after overhead panels on monitor 3. Powered up and started programming the CDU with the flight information. When got the v1 vr and v2 speeds noticed that setting the speed on the MCP was impossible because the the connection was lost, meaning OCP4NGX had crashed.
So it isn´t de VrInsight CDU but it has something to do with opening and using panels on a monitor.

Regards

Rene
(Netherlands)'
I have tried hard to crash OCP4NGX with opening panels and moving them around to different monitors. I have a total of 7 monitors connected to to 2 NVIDIA cards.

I am not able to crash OCP4NGX. It is running fine whatever I do with panels and shuffling and opening and closing.
Wish i had that too :)
Do you have NVIDIA or AMD cards?
NVIDIA Geforce GTX650 Ti BOOST
NVIDIA Geforce GT250
Both with the latest driver
When you start OCP4NGX, do you start it on the same monitor as FSX and via the Addon menu?
Yes
mvr1918
Site Admin

Post by mvr1918 »

Hi Rene

I have PMed a new testbuild to you.
mneoud

Post by mneoud »

Hi Roar,

Thanks, will test it later today.

Regards

Rene
(Netherlands)
mneoud

Post by mneoud »

Hi Roar,

I have completed a flight, my testflight EHEHEGPO, with the new version OCP4NGX_2.4.5 and i completed the flight without any crashes from OCP4NGX :D. This is looks very promising and may be the end of my issue with OCP4NGX crashes.
Tonight i am gone make the same flight but then with the actual weather engine and voxatc active. If that flight is going well i be a very happy man :lol:

Just a small remark:
All instruments were working fine and behaved as they should. Only the ATC unit when setting the squawk code was a bit squirky. When setting the squawk code the numbers on the display were flickering very fast, but the actual setting corresponded with numbers on the monitorscreen so it´s not a big issue.

I inform you tonight on the second flight (fingers crossed ;) )

Regards

Rene
(Netherlands)
mvr1918
Site Admin

Post by mvr1918 »

I have completed a flight, my testflight EHEHEGPO, with the new version OCP4NGX_2.4.5 and i completed the flight without any crashes from OCP4NGX :D. This is looks very promising and may be the end of my issue with OCP4NGX crashes.
Tonight i am gone make the same flight but then with the actual weather engine and voxatc active. If that flight is going well i be a very happy man :lol:
I am also happy if this issue now can be solved. Hope your later test flights will confirm that I am on the right track.

There is still work to be done before I can release a general update, but now I maybe know what is causing the crash ( if it still keep running after some more test flights).
The strange thing is that it runs fine for a LOT of users. There seems to be a CPU load issue. The amount of data that needs to be sent from PMDG - to OCP4NGX - to SIOC and the other way are the root to the problem.
The problem can be in PMDG, OCP4NGX or SIOC, but the fix needs to be done in the OCP4NGX code.
Just a small remark:
All instruments were working fine and behaved as they should. Only the ATC unit when setting the squawk code was a bit squirky. When setting the squawk code the numbers on the display were flickering very fast, but the actual setting corresponded with numbers on the monitorscreen so it´s not a big issue.
I know I have some issue with the ATC, but I haven't had any time to really dig into it.

Having scripts for almost all the cockpit functions take a lot of time to debug and fine tune. At the same time I am building my hardware cockpit and then it is the real life. But, I will fix it sooner or later.

What OCP4NGX script are you using?
mneoud

Post by mneoud »

Hi Roar,

Don´t worry about the ATC issue as, as i said it is not a big issue.
The script i am using is the one you send me (OCP4NGX_PP_V1.0c.ssi) to test if the BARO issue was solved. I guess it is the same as OCP4NGX_PP_V1.1.ssi.

I will let you know tomorrow how the second test went.

Regards

Rene
(Netherlands)
mneoud

Post by mneoud »

Hi Roar,

Something has come up and i will not be able to test till after the weekend. Monday i will fly some testruns and give you the results tuesday.
Sorry for the delay.

Regards

Rene
(Netherlands)
mneoud

Post by mneoud »

Hi Roar,

Luckily i was able to do the tests earlier.
yesterday, saturday, I did three testruns all EHEHEGPO. The first flight without any addons and the second, with FSGRW and VOXATC active and third flight with FSGRW, VOXATC and FS2CREW active. All flights without any crashes from OCP4NGX :D .

This morning i did another short flight EHEHEGFF with FSGRW, VOXATC and FS2CREW active. Again without crashes. I guess the problem with crashes from OCP4NGX is hereby solved.
The driver and script used in the tests are:
driver OCP4NGX 2.4.5
script OCP4NGX_PP_V1.0c.ssi

Thanks for the great support and help to solve the crashes with OCP4NGX and the BARO issue.
If you want to know anything more about the tests just let me know.

Regards

Rene
(Netherlands)
Last edited by mneoud on Mon Sep 29, 2014 9:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
mvr1918
Site Admin

Post by mvr1918 »

Hi,

Thanks again for your testing and helping me to solve the OCP4NGX crashes some users have experienced. I will now send out an official update based on the 2.4.5 code.

Roar