some problems with Overhead panel

Forum for the OC4BA v2/v3 and OC4BAConfig including the OCP4NGX driver
fschrewe

some problems with Overhead panel

Post by fschrewe »

Hi Roar,

I mounted the Plug&Play overhead panel and a home built aft overhead a few days ago and made an addition to your script to address the switches and LEDs on the aft overhead. Today I tested it and noticed a few problems:

1. The servos on the OHP don't move. I can move them via SIOC monitor so the hardware is ok, but for some reason they are not working in the script (ocp4ngx_2.8b) - idx numbers are checked and ok, cards are recognised by oc4baconfig.

2. I wasn't able to find an Event number for the IRS Display selector. The only event number I was able to find controls the brightness of the display.

3. I found an Event number for the left IRS mode selector, but not for the right one - so I have no idea how to script it.

4. there are some pushbuttons I can turn on, but I'm unable to turn them off again (stall warning test, mach airspeed warning test, EEC switches).

5. although I have the overhead panel, I still need to push the c/o button on the mcp to light up the outputs.

6. the elec. System display on the OHP doesn't light up (the digits can be addressed manually by SIOC monitor, so they are technically ok).

Perhaps you can help me with this?
Regards,
Frank Schrewe
mvr1918
Site Admin

Re: some problems with Overhead panel

Post by mvr1918 »

I mounted the Plug&Play overhead panel and a home built aft overhead a few days ago and made an addition to your script to address the switches and LEDs on the aft overhead. Today I tested it and noticed a few problems:

1. The servos on the OHP don't move. I can move them via SIOC monitor so the hardware is ok, but for some reason they are not working in the script (ocp4ngx_2.8b) - idx numbers are checked and ok, cards are recognised by oc4baconfig.

2. I wasn't able to find an Event number for the IRS Display selector. The only event number I was able to find controls the brightness of the display.

3. I found an Event number for the left IRS mode selector, but not for the right one - so I have no idea how to script it.

4. there are some pushbuttons I can turn on, but I'm unable to turn them off again (stall warning test, mach airspeed warning test, EEC switches).

5. although I have the overhead panel, I still need to push the c/o button on the mcp to light up the outputs.

6. the elec. System display on the OHP doesn't light up (the digits can be addressed manually by SIOC monitor, so they are technically ok).

The OVH panel from OC is OK, but the SDK data for the OVH was very difficult to script and there are some knobs, displays that are not defined in the SDK

Try to start the plane in COLD&DARK

The first thing you have to do to is to turn on the Battery SW. Then some of the OVH LEDs should lighten up. The MCP will not power up until you have the BUSES connected. Do a normal startup with APU etc. and the MCP should light up.

The IRS R knob was missing in an early OCP4NGX.exe. I will send out an update later this week. I have done the IRS scripting, I send it to you later.

Most of the Servos should work with OCP4NGX_V2.9.ssi. Some are not in SDK

If you start the plane in default config ( engines running etc) you have to switch the BAttery switch from OFF to ON to lighten things up. It is then also important to ahve all switches set correctly. The virtual OVH will be set as the OC OVH switch status

This was short, but I have to go. I you have further problems just send it to forum.
fschrewe

Post by fschrewe »

Hi,

after some more testing I was able to get some of the points mentioned above solved, but some of them still remain:
fschrewe wrote: [...]
I [...] noticed a few problems:

1. The servos on the OHP don't move. I can move them via SIOC monitor so the hardware is ok, but for some reason they are not working in the script (ocp4ngx_2.8b) - idx numbers are checked and ok, cards are recognised by oc4baconfig. - solved

2. I wasn't able to find an Event number for the IRS Display selector. The only event number I was able to find controls the brightness of the display. It seems that this funktion is not in the SDK, so I suppose I have to live without it.

3. I found an Event number for the left IRS mode selector, but not for the right one - so I have no idea how to script it. Still waiting for event number

Problem still there

5. although I have the overhead panel, I still need to push the c/o button on the mcp to light up the outputs. solved, starting from cold&dark it worked, tried a turnaround state before

I also still have a problem I mentioned in the end of May: I don't get my Fire handles working. Test switches and Annunciators work fine, but not the handles. You mentioned some time ago that you already made a script for these handles but it seems not to be part of OCP4NGX_V2.9. By the way, I can't download V2.91 from your download section, the link to the file seems to be missing.

Could you please send me your script for the fire handles and the event number for the right IRS mode selector?
Regards,
Frank Schrewe
mvr1918
Site Admin

Post by mvr1918 »

Hi,

I will answer more deeply later, on the run now..

But, didn't you receive my email about the new updates of programs and scripts.

Curious to see if my broadcast email system works?

The 2.9b script + the events/vars listing should be on my ONEDRIVE using the link in the broadcast email.

Just run setups to i.e your Download folder and you should have all files there or make a installation to your SIOC.

Roar
mvr1918
Site Admin

Post by mvr1918 »

3. I found an Event number for the left IRS mode selector, but not for the right one - so I have no idea how to script it. Still waiting for event number

It is 2755

Problem still there

I haven't had any time to script those switches yet. fine if some other can provide it.

5. although I have the overhead panel, I still need to push the c/o button on the mcp to light up the outputs. solved, starting from cold&dark it worked, tried a turnaround state before

Switching on Battery SW will startup OVH in all states, but beware it will set the switches to what it find in the hardware. So starting with a turnaround state mske sure the swtiches are in the right posistion

. I do not have time now.
This is a known missed issue in the SDK. I propose that someone write a dummy setup in the meantime, just to have them lightning up

The Fire scriting is not part of 2.9b . I have then somewhere and will include then in a future update, but need to find some time to make my Fire module ready in order to test.
fschrewe

Post by fschrewe »

mvr1918 wrote:Hi,

I will answer more deeply later, on the run now..

But, didn't you receive my email about the new updates of programs and scripts.

Curious to see if my broadcast email system works?

The 2.9b script + the events/vars listing should be on my ONEDRIVE using the link in the broadcast email.

Just run setups to i.e your Download folder and you should have all files there or make a installation to your SIOC.

Roar
Hi,
I got this E-Mail but I was confused about the version number. As I upgraded to V3 two weeks before, I thought installing V2.4.7 would be a step down...
I haven't had any time to script those switches yet. fine if some other can provide it.
The Fire scriting is not part of 2.9b . I have then somewhere and will include then in a future update, but need to find some time to make my Fire module ready in order to test.
If you are interested, I can send you these parts of my script via PM... . Maybe I can assist you in testing?
Regards,
Frank Schrewe
mvr1918
Site Admin

Post by mvr1918 »

I got this E-Mail but I was confused about the version number. As I upgraded to V3 two weeks before, I thought installing V2.4.7 would be a step down...
I know the version numbering can be misunderstood.

OC4BA V3 is the latest main program
OC4BAConfig V3.1 is the latest Config program

OCP4NGX.exe has the latest version 2.4.6 for only P&P modules and version 2.4.7 for the Full Events/Variables
In the future all even numbered versions are for P&P and odd numbered are for Full

OCP4NGX_V2.9b.ssi is latest script supporting Full
OCP4NGX_PP_V1.2 is the latest supporting P&P

If you are interested, I can send you these parts of my script via PM... . Maybe I can assist you in testing?
Fine, do it and I will take a look
Roar
fschrewe

Post by fschrewe »

I found no way to send you the script via PM, so i attached it here.

As said above, there are still some issues in the script.
1.) I wasn't able to get the fire handles working. I tried to work with the events 2433-2438 and 2441-2443, but as I didn't get it to work, I deleted the code. I only left the var numbers in order to try it again later...
2.) The pushbuttons on the aft OHP only work once. I can turn them on, but I can't turn them off again..
3.) The Audio Control Panels are still Work in progress. The switches on these panel are recognised as joystick-Buttons and addressed via FSUIPC, but I still need do complete the script for the LEDs showing the active radios in the panels.

The rest of the script is working as intended.
Attachments
aftOH+ped.zip
(3.18 KiB) Downloaded 206 times
Regards,
Frank Schrewe