Transponder issue (SOLVED)

Forum for the OC4BA v2/v3 and OC4BAConfig including the OCP4NGX driver
Andycyxu

Transponder issue (SOLVED)

Post by Andycyxu »

I'm using ver 2.9 of SSI file and my transponder is not working properly setting up atc frequency is not possible numbers change randomly to whatever they want. I used 2.8b before it also didn't work. I tried to compare 2.8b with 2.9 and even 1.1 and I couldn't find any difference in the part of the script that relates to transponder.
I tried a different scripts from mycockpit.org just to eliminate bad hardware but with it transponder worked great (not with PMDG ofcourse) just by itself.
Code in oc4ba files is very similar to the one I used except yours also uses additions variables like atc_knob1 temp_knob etc with values such as 8192 8193, well... Way above my pay grade to understand :)
If you could point me to what changes I could make in the script to make it work would be great !

Btw no more crashes with version 2.4.4 I also added all oc4ba relevant programs to high importance as mentioned in PM in process lasso to run in par with p3d and not get squished. so that for now is out of the way. Thanks
mvr1918
Site Admin

Re: Transponder issue

Post by mvr1918 »

Hi

Yeah, the transponder script has some major issues. It was working OK in some earlier script version, but I have probably mixed up some files during the update process.

I will look into it as soon as I have some time. At the moment I am fully booked with other projects. I will try to dig out some old files you can test in the mean time.

Thanks for reporting back on the the 2.4.4. I do have a newer 2.4.5 that others have reported OK, no crashes. That version will be in the next update that will be available in a week or two.

Roar
Andycyxu

Post by Andycyxu »

no problem, i will play with it also, see if i can come up with something ok .

Andy
Andycyxu

Post by Andycyxu »

This is from reverse engineering so i dont claim no credit lol, however adding L0 at these lines in this spot makes the transponder kinda stable.. meaning..
right knob works good
left knob is quirky
all in all it actually makes it usable...
for anymore i just wait for your update

if anyone wants to try it go ahead just dont add the comment in the bracket only L0
when you export SSI to TXT file your Var 0677 (might be different) but it shouldnt, even if it is it doesn't matter just leave it alone and only add L0, if it is just make sure the rest of the text is the same most importantly this part
ATC_E_RIGHT, Link IOCARD_ENCODER, Device 11, Input 10, Aceleration 1, Type 2

Code: Select all

Var 0677, name ATC_E_RIGHT, Link IOCARD_ENCODER, Device 11, Input 10, Aceleration 1, Type 2     // ATC
{
  IF &EL_STATE = 15
  {
    IF &ATC_Power_ON = 1
    {
      L0 = &ATC_E_RIGHT * -1
      &XPDRFreqLow = ROTATE 0 ,77 ,L0
      CALL &CalcXPDRFreqL L0                (added L0 here)
    }
  }
}

Var 0678, name ATC_E_LEFT, Link IOCARD_ENCODER, Device 11, Input 5, Aceleration 1, Type 2
{
  IF &EL_STATE = 15
  {
    IF &ATC_Power_ON = 1
    {
      L0 = &ATC_E_LEFT * -1
      &XPDRFreqHigh = ROTATE 0 ,77 ,L0
      CALL &CalcXPDRFreqH L0                        (added another L0 here)
    }
  }
}
mvr1918
Site Admin

Post by mvr1918 »

This is from reverse engineering so i dont claim no credit lol, however adding L0 at these lines in this spot makes the transponder kinda stable.. meaning..
right knob works good
left knob is quirky
all in all it actually makes it usable...
for anymore i just wait for your update

if anyone wants to try it go ahead just dont add the comment in the bracket only L0
when you export SSI to TXT file your Var 0677 (might be different) but it shouldnt, even if it is it doesn't matter just leave it alone and only add L0, if it is just make sure the rest of the text is the same most importantly this part
ATC_E_RIGHT, Link IOCARD_ENCODER, Device 11, Input 10, Aceleration 1, Type 2
The missing L0 is actually in my origninal txt file before compiling to ssi file. If you then export to text it disappear in the new txt file, but it is in the ssi file. Some weird SIOC conversion issue.

I remember that scripting this device was a nightmare. I will look into it and hopefully find a way to correct it.
mvr1918
Site Admin

Post by mvr1918 »

The ATC issue is now resolved. A new script together with an updated OCP4NGX.exe will be released next week.
Andycyxu

Re: Transponder issue (SOLVED)

Post by Andycyxu »

good deal !

thanks
Andy