More master cards in a usb / expansion

Forum for the OC4BA v2/v3 and OC4BAConfig including the OCP4NGX driver
marcaribe0101

More master cards in a usb / expansion

Post by marcaribe0101 »

Hi guys:

Someone is working in the cabin without modules p & p. I ask this because I have the following configuradion and not get it to work

My configuration is:

3 master connected to one usb / expansion
1 usb servos
1 usb stepper

Is there any solution to run all MCP, EFIS CAP, EFIS OF, CAP CHRONO, CHRONO OF, MIP components from the usb / expansion with three connected master.

I have tried many things like create a USB IDX / EXPANSION in OC4BA.ini but nothing.
MASTER = 15,4,1, X
MASTER = 7,4,1, X

These few are the ones I mean (we number of cards).

A greeting and thanks for the help.
fschrewe

Re: More master cards in a usb / expansion

Post by fschrewe »

Hi,
it is possible to work with the IO-Cards instead of plugplay modules, but it requires quite a lot of changes to the scripts provided with the ocp4ngx driver.
First of all, if you are using an expansion card with 3 connected master cards instead of MXP & EFIS, you can not use the device numbers 15 & 7, because those are reserved for the Plug & play components. Instead you need the IDX numbers reserved for expansion cards (30-35).
So your entry in OC4BA.ini should read: Master=30,4,3,xx.

As the scripts are written for the plug & play modules, you will have to change every single device/Output/input number to those used in your configuration (if you don't want to write your own script....
Regards,
Frank Schrewe
marcaribe0101

Post by marcaribe0101 »

Hi,

I understood but I have one question each usb / expansion I configure, can carry 3 master cards. Let me explain.

In OC4BA.ini:
Master = 30,4,3, X
Where 30 is the first usb / expansion and 3 refers to the number of card connected to the usb / expansion

Or rather put:
Master = 30,4,1, X
Master = 31,4,1, X
Master = 32,4,1, X

Where 30,31 and 32 refer to each master card associated to 4 which is the USB / Expansion.

Not if you explain well, sorry for my English is rather low.

Thank you very much for the involvement you have with your customers.
fschrewe

Post by fschrewe »

As far as I know the SIOC only recognises the expansion Card, not the attached Master Cards, so you need Master=30,4,3,x. As each expansion card can carry up to 4 Master cards, this could go up to Master=30,4,4,x (if you ever install a fourth Master card). The different Master cards are recognised by the numbers of the inputs/outputs you use:

1.Master Card: Inputs 0-71, Outputs 11-48
2.Master Card: Inputs 72-143, Outputs 75-112
3.Master Card: Inputs 144-215, Outputs 139-176
4.Master Card: Inputs 216-287, Outputs 203-247
Regards,
Frank Schrewe
marcaribe0101

Post by marcaribe0101 »

Ok then will suppress the OVHD idx30 and now. because if I leave and put MASTER = 30,4,3, X the OC4BAconfig me recognizes it as OVHD.

Thanks for the help, I will comment the results.
fschrewe

Post by fschrewe »

marcaribe0101 wrote: if I leave and put MASTER = 30,4,3, X the OC4BAconfig me recognizes it as OVHD.
This is because the overhead panel also consists of an expansion card with 2 Master Cards. In OC4BA.ini you can find a line [idx]. Below these line the supported modules are assigned to certain IDX numbers used in the script. Just look for the line beginning saying "Overhead IDX 30m2" and delete or change this. to use your own expansion card you'll have to add a line for your expansion card and assign an IDX number to make the configuration program recognise it.
Regards,
Frank Schrewe
marcaribe0101

Post by marcaribe0101 »

Hello Roar:
Happy 2015. You are a teacher and have almost everything except the mip connected rotary and led, s only connect if I click on C / O (which does not always work others do not). You know why this happens ?.

Another curious thing is that the yoke does not work with their axes at maximum only 15%. and is when connecting the OC4BA.

And the last of the year 2015 because ultimately going to dream with me !!! the usbstepper and usbservos cards just to get initialized by the grace of God that the C / O button (like the newspapers that commented at first connect.

Any ideas?

Thank you for your attention Roar. A dream that we are gradually getting connected after 3 years commode room lol THANKS
mvr1918
Site Admin

Post by mvr1918 »

Hi,

with you specific non-P&P hardware I suggest you make the SIOC.ini file manually

[SIOC]
IOCP_port=8092
IOCP_timeout=4000
Minimized=Yes
toggle_delay=20
[IOCARDS MODULE]
IOCard_disable=No
IOCard_LPT=No
[FSUIPC MODULE]
FSUipcdisable=No
FSUipcRefresh=60
[IOCP CLIENTS MODULES]
IOCPini_delay= 3000
IOCPclient0_disable=no
IOCPclient0_host=localhost
IOCPclient0_port=8099
IOCPclient1_disable=yes
IOCPclient1_host=localhost
IOCPclient1_port=8092
[SOUND MODULE]
Sound_disable=Yes
Volume=100
[*]
CONFIG_FILE=name of your script.ssi
MASTER=30,4,3,xx
USBServos=37,xx
USBStepper=43,xx

----

The xx you find in the SIOC device window

The script you must do yourself or modify the OC4BA scripts for your specific hardware.

As you have choosen to build your cockpit based om IOCARDS and not P&P modules you have to learn the SIOC good.