opencockpit v2 pmdg 737 ngx setup help

Forum for the OC4BA v2/v3 and OC4BAConfig including the OCP4NGX driver
trebor737

opencockpit v2 pmdg 737 ngx setup help

Post by trebor737 »

Hi,

I am new to this forum having just bought a openockpits mcp for use with pmdg 737ngx. I believe my version is the v2 one. I didnt realise when buying the MCP that setup is abit tough!! So i am after some help with it, i have downloaded SIOC and installed it into the same drive as FSX, and downloaded OCP4NGX software. I have read though the MUST READ DOCUMENT, and i believe i have followed it correctly.

The only trouble i am having is the addition of the lines in the exe.xml file in the C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\FSX location. I am managing to open the file to edit, but after i have put the new lines in and open fsx there is now no addons including the OCP4NGX. And when i open the XML file i get an error message. So could i see an example of the inputted lines from someone else's file. To make sure i am doing this correctly?

Also if someone would give me some steps from after that bit, because its getting me confused!!

Cheers
Rob
trebor737

Re: opencockpit v2 pmdg 737 ngx setup help

Post by trebor737 »

I have been playing around with the file and i have managed to get this far. Which isnt showing errors anymore but the next step is in the FSX addon menu, but OCP4NGX isnt on the addon menu

mvr1918
Site Admin

Re: opencockpit v2 pmdg 737 ngx setup help

Post by mvr1918 »

Hi,

This is how my OC4BA section looks like in exe.xml

<Launch.Addon>
<Disabled>False</Disabled>
<ManualLoad>False</ManualLoad>
<Name>OC4BA</Name>
<Path>\SIOC\OC4BA_Menu.exe</Path>
</Launch.Addon>

Are you sure you have the SIOC installed in correct path in respect to FSX? Check it ( Send path for FSX and SIOC so I can have a look if not working after check)

Are you sure all OC4BA files are in the SIOC folder? Check it

OCP4NGX will not show up, but OC4BA should.

Make sure you haven't saved the exe.xml as a txt file after editing.