Clicking on Tools item does nothing

Forum for the OC4BA v2/v3 and OC4BAConfig including the OCP4NGX driver
terrymack

Clicking on Tools item does nothing

Post by terrymack »

I have everything installed and i believe i have read the must read a few times and cannot see what is wrong.

from the add-ons menu i select O4FBAV3 and select the 737 aircradt. clicking the info icon confirms the 737 cockpit. when i click the tools icon nothing happens.

i dont know what to do next.
please help
Regards
Terry
mvr1918
Site Admin

Re: Clicking on Tools item does nothing

Post by mvr1918 »

Hi Terry,

If you are clicking the Tools icon and nothing happens, there is a problems with your installation.

What should happend is:

SIOC.exe should start and go in hide modus
OC4BAConfig.exe should start and you should have the OC4BAConfig window open

Verfify that you have all OC4BA programs and scripts under SIOC folder

Can you tell me the complete folder path of your FSX and SIOC.

Also take an image of your SIOC folder and send it so I can check that all OC4BA programs and drivers are in SIOC folder.

What you can do is to go directly to SIOC folder and start OC4BA.exe and run the configuration setup from there ( without starting FSX)
terrymack

Post by terrymack »

Thank you for your reply. i did eventually discover that i hadn't read the 'read me' quite as well as i should.
i had SIOC.exe in the wrong folder.

i can now get everything so that i have a clean compile and everything hides as expected, however my MCP just sits there and doesnt start-up. i have the original MCPtest.exe and the MCP works fine.
It just will not function. my configuration is:
EFIS
MCP
COM 1
NAV 1
ADF
ATC
so i am just trying to get working with the EFIS/MCP and worry about the radios later.

I can send you an image of my SIOC folder but because i didnt want put things in the worong place so i put everything in the same place
that means there are 161 entries in the SIOC folder. Is this a terribly bad idea?

Folder path attached together with confirmation that equipment is detected

if you can think of anything that would help please let me know

Thank you for your time and patience

regards
Terry
Attachments
OC4BAConfig.jpg
OC4BAConfig.jpg (192.64 KiB) Viewed 4172 times
mvr1918
Site Admin

Post by mvr1918 »

As you have only P&P modules connected to your PC, no IOCARDS, I recommend as stated in the doc that you use the PP.1.2.ssi and not the 3.1.ssi script file. Do a reconfiguration with OC4BAConfig.

Have you initiated the data communication from PMDG as stated in MUST READ file
-----
PMDG B737NGX with SP1c installed and enabled the data communication output from the PMDG aircraft,
by opening the file 737NGX_Options.ini that is located in <FSX main folder>\PMDG\PMDG 737 NGX.
and have added the following two lines to the bottom of the file:
[SDK]
EnableDataBroadcast=1

----
terrymack

Post by terrymack »

Thank you again for your continuing help,
I have now changed to the PP.1.2,ssi and i have ensured that sl1c is loaded and i have ensured that enabledatabroadcast=1.

i will continue to try and resolve my problem by making sure that i fully understand what i am doing before bothering you all.

i will contact you again when i have exhausted all my own efforts.

your help so far has be very good for me and i am very grateful for your time

regards
Terry
mvr1918
Site Admin

Post by mvr1918 »

Hi,

Don't hesitate to take contact if there are something that doesn't work.

This software should work very fine if everything is done correct in respect to installation and configuration of your hardware.

There are hundreds of users that have this up and running with no issues, but there are also a very small fraction of users that have issues, mostly due to
improper installation and PC software/hardware.

Roar
terrymack

Post by terrymack »

after a lot of reading and experimenting i now have partial success.

the MCP appears to be functioning. I haven't flown with it yet but all the knobs and switches seem to work and it does appear to default to the same setting as on the screen (switches excepted obviously).

the VHF and NAV partially work. the knobs operate the radio stack but the numbers on the individual units do not change and when you press the TFR button the standby is zeroed but the active stays at zero although on the radio stack it works perfectly.

turning the ADF knobs does alter the numbers on the unit and on the radio stack but the TFR button again zero's the standby and doesnt change the active.

the radio stack has a start-up default which is not reflected in each unit.

If you can help me get further along, i would be grateful.

Thank you
Terry
mvr1918
Site Admin

Post by mvr1918 »

I need to know What OC hardware and OC4BA software versions you are using.
terrymack

Post by terrymack »

OC Hardware is MCP V2, EFIS COM, NAV, ADF and ATV 1 of each.

OC4BA V3

however, i have to point out that this evening i went through everything again and now mostly everything is working well. clearly i must have omitted to do something.
unfortunately i don't know how but everything is working, displaying exactly as it should.

i am sorry for any trouble I have caused.

Thank you
Terry
mvr1918
Site Admin

Post by mvr1918 »

Hi,

No problem. Working with SIOC and Opencockpits modules takes some time to get OK.