Issues with Expansion Card/Master Card

Forum for the OC4BA v2/v3 and OC4BAConfig including the OCP4NGX driver
donjbravo

Re: Issues with Expansion Card/Master Card

Post by donjbravo »

Roar,

Just an update. Managed to get the correct OCPANGX.exe file loaded. I had mistakenly not loaded the correct OCPANGX after renaming it.

All my inputs / outputs are operating OK, so I'll continue to install the rest.

One issue that has come up which you may be able to help me with is the that when all is installed the Joystick / Rudder pedals, seems to have a small limited travel, and the rudder doesn't operate on the Z axis as usual, compared to when its not hooked up.

Does the script need to be adjusted in someway for this? I'm using the Saitex X52 Pro, until I save enough for a real one.

Regards

Don
mvr1918
Site Admin

Post by mvr1918 »

Hi,

The OC4BA scripts should not influence the SAITEK joystick.

But, maybe it would help that you recalibrate the Joystick movements.
donjbravo

Post by donjbravo »

Thanks for your reply, although I'm uncertain now where to go for a resolution.

There is still a distinct change in the movement of the joystick, to the point of being un-flyable, after the OCP4 program is loaded, when using PDMG. PDMG supply the MAD Caz calibration software for a fix of their issues they have with the Saitex X52Pro, and this is installed. If I try to calibrate the joystick, after you program is installed, as you suggested, the FSX crashes immediately, so I'm going round in circles.

Another interesting thing, is that using the 253 driver which now work great with the panel, the SIOC monitoring for input outputs are now not visible at all. Can I ask what you use to confirm the input / outputs in this condition? I don't want to change anything now that everything on the panel is working pretty much as it should, but I have lost the ability to monitor the input / outputs for allocation into the scripts when adding the other equipment, or can I do it using the IOCP monitor?

Thanks for your help and suggestions. I feel it going to be a long, long road....lol

Don
mvr1918
Site Admin

Post by mvr1918 »

Hi,

I do not know how you have connected the SAITEK and OC modules, but try to have them on separate USB Hub connections. If there is any interference between them
I believe it is in the USB driver software, but I am not sure. Have you the latest USB drivers for your motherboard?

You should be able to just start SIOC.exe from ISOC folder and then SIOC Monitor. From there you should be able to find out which inputs and outputs are in use on your hardware.
donjbravo

Post by donjbravo »

Roar,

Just an up date. Made the decision to completely reinstall everything to Windows 7. FSX now far more stable. Went through all the stages of set up and everything is fine with the Saitex Controls along with the 737NGX, i.e. with OCP4A loaded, all OK .....until you press the C/O button, as it asks you to, on the MCP module.

After that the Saitek controls then have the same limited movement, fore and aft and side to side that I mentioned in my previous posts. Everything else,the inputs etc are now visible in the monitor, so apart from this anomaly with the joystick, its all back to normal.

The USB's are on different inputs, and all drivers are up to date, and when flying any of the aircraft out with the simulator, without OCP4A or SIOC being loaded, everything is fine.

Any ideas how I might resolve this?

Regards

Don
mvr1918
Site Admin

Post by mvr1918 »

I have SAITEK Throttle, Yoke and Pedals, no issues.
All are configured with FSUIPC, not via SAITEK's software.

Read this document

http://fsuipc.simflight.com/beta/SIMSAM ... TORIAL.pdf

maybe you can find some useful info for your Saitek hardware there.

I also use Win10 Pro Preview OS.
donjbravo

Post by donjbravo »

Roar
My apologies for not replying sooner. To bring this post up to date, I've been round the houses with this, with little resolution. Everyone, i.e. PDMG, Saitek, Opencockpits, pretty much the same story, its someone else's problem, when in reality they mean it's my problem.

I appreciate that it is probably my lack of software knowledge that it holding this whole project up, but at the same time I have a far better understanding now of what is required than I did before.

All inputs and outputs are functioning correctly when testing through the SIOC monitor, for all the modules. I have the Opencockpits, MCPV3 P&P, FMC P&P, EFIS P&P, Chrono P&P, the Expansion cards for the MIP, with I/O input and output cards, as previous shown, all from Opencockpits. Post configuration, all appear to have the 'V' as if they are correctly configured in OCP. I've installed the latest revision from your website, with the latest ssi file, and with the VAR 2800=1 added as per your instructions.

This is what I'm finding through trial, and error, when having loaded the 737NGX in FSX. Everything pretty much as you would expect.

FSX Changes - After loading the OCP, the following occurs: The main control axises, and rudder pedals, revert to some other value, that limits the movement to being basically unusable. This was a previous issue that unfortunately still remain unresolved. The throttles and buttons switches on the Saitek X52 pro all work fine, and this was done through FSUIPC. The over panel, turns every switch OFF, and every light ON, and opens all the doors.

MCP Opencockpits P&P - All the inputs, buttons, switches work on the MCP, but there are No outputs working on the MCP, or on the MIP when an output would be required.

MIP - Test 1 UP doesn't work, All inputs work, NO outputs work, i.e. LEDS

EFIS - All inputs work, and outputs to screens all function as they should.

Another issue s tat after a while the whole system stops, and if someone pulled the plug on the comms to the PMDG, so its a complete reset to get it up again.

I'm wondering if you could perhaps help me with this, or point me in the direction of someone that could ?

Regards

Don
mvr1918
Site Admin

Post by mvr1918 »

HI

Could you zip your whole SIOC folder and upload it to your ONEDRIVE and send the download link to roarkrsp@gmail.com.

Then I will check it and see if I can find some oddities.
donjbravo

Post by donjbravo »

Roar, hopefully you will receive the link to the Onedrive as you requested.

Regards

Don
mvr1918
Site Admin

Post by mvr1918 »

I had a brief look at the SIOC folder you sent me, but couldn't find any thing that should cause your problems.

I suggest you try to run the OCP4NGX_v2.0.ssi without the MIP in the configuration.

You can create a new Cockpit in OC4BA.ini, call it B737_PP. Then create a new configuration file for that cockpit in OC4BAConfig ( without the MIP's EXP/MASTER).

When done. you can just double click B737_PP under Active Cockpit to start that cockpit configuration.

Then test all modules with this configuration.

If OK, export the OCP4NGX_v2.0.ssi file to text file and save, then load the OCP4NGX_v4.0.ssi ( with your mods) and export to text and save.

Then you find all "MIP" scripts in the 4.0 text file and copy over to the 2.0 text file. Then do a compile of this text file with edit script (in SIOC.exe)
Save this new ssi file and try that as you new special ssi file( after you have made a new configuration file with OC4BAConfig, this time with MIP + the other modules.