Issues with Expansion Card/Master Card

Forum for the OC4BA v2/v3 and OC4BAConfig including the OCP4NGX driver
donjbravo

Re: Issues with Expansion Card/Master Card

Post by donjbravo »

Roar,

First thank you for all your assistance. I tried what your suggested without any luck I'm afraid.

What I can say, with trying out the various options and combination, like a bling man walking in the dark, is that the issues that make this perhaps more complicated, is not what's IN the .ssi files, but for individual sim builders what hardware isn't.

If I explain;

I don't have an overhead panel, or pedestal of comms/ nav etc, and certainly won't have, given the costs involved until I can resolve the issues I'm having with some confidence, that eventually all will work, and I appreciate that its not everyone that is able to do the fantastic work you do to help the community to achieve this.

For me its the small things I have learned, that has brought me that bit closer to a resolution, e.g. PMDG tell us that we shouldn't load their aircraft as a default in FSX, and that each time we should close the FSX completely before changing aircraft as they don't like different models being loaded over each other. It was doing the very thing that I wasn't supposed to be doing, was why I was getting the joystick to seemingly 'work' correctly, until I realised that its got nothing to do with that at all, but in fact was when you load your program it sets the overhead panel, that you don't have as hardware yet, but you had just previous and meticulously configured in PMDG, back to a 'everything off' state, which then made the joystick control only function over limited travel, why? because the hydraulics pumps are now OFF, and the doors open! It's this kind of detail, that is actually working inadvertently against you, that will make the difference between a good day or a very bad day, in what will be a very long trail....lol.

This may be why there are no outputs for any of the MIP or MCP panel LEDS, i.e. perhaps there is no 'power' signal being sent via the program to 'activate' this, as is the case with the MCP. I proved this in a small way by using the IOCP console to activate Var 0482 with 1, which is the Power On for MCP, and hey presto, the full MCP digits lit up, and can be controlled, except for the rotary input switch for speed change, and the digit for speed only comes up as a Mach number, and pressing the C/O button doesn't change this. This worked for about 20 mins before the system appeared to lose communication with the OCP, but reloading the program activated it again, but without the MCP digits operating as before.

All the other Led outputs on the MCP and MIP, as previously stated, remained OFF throughout, whilst all the inputs carried out the correct actions on the PMDG panel.

I can and have checked everything with the SIOC monitor and all works fine, both in input and output, which makes me think it is just waiting for some kind of 'POWER ON' Signal it doesn't appear to be getting.

This takes be back to the beginning, in that if there was some way to deactivate what wasn't part of your hardware set up, that would then keep the control at the PMDG until you had the correct hardware in place. A simple table of what you needed to do as far as settings in the ssi file, to activate / deactivate that part of the program that you need or not would perhaps simplify the process for those of us that don't yet have the required software expertise that is clearly required.

Hopefully this is off some assistance

Best regards

Don
mvr1918
Site Admin

Re: Issues with Expansion Card/Master Card

Post by mvr1918 »

Hi, It is a pity that you struggle so much to get this thing up and running.

The B737NGX is quite a nasty plane and writing OC4BA code, not only the scripts but also the driver software has not been an easy task for me.

The main reason is that the PMDG SDK and the Variables and Events that OCP4NGX.exe is interfacing before it again interfaces the SIOC Server and the script parts, is not always behaving the way you should think.

Specially the OVH was a nightmare to program. One should think that the PMFG SDK sets the correct values to the Variables and that it just was to relay this values to SIOC, but it was not that easy.
The PMDG folks made a logic layer between the Variables values and the actual output as you see on the virtual OVH. In order to solve this I had to make my own B737NGX logic that deals with
15 different state configurations. That is just one example.

Another issue is that users have different modules. most have only MCP, EFIS etc, a few have OVH, MIP PEDESTAL etc.

The PP script was for the first group, the other script was for the last group. User with devices that belongs to the last group have I seen as advance users and that they know they ways around SIOC and SIOC scripting.

A user with MCP,EFIS, COM and MIP, but no OVH, should use the PP script but also add the MIP part as I told you to do. It could be that you missed some POWER ON variables in the script.

The reason for these POWER ON variables is that it should act as real as possible. The MCP should not be "turned on" before it had BAT ON and or AC from either the APU or GROUND POWER.

If you again send me the SIOC folder after you tried the last modification I can have a new look. Your setup should work fine without any OVH. It is just missing a variable that should be either 1 or 0.

You could also invite me to your PC via TeamViewer.