MCP V3 and FMC V3 problems

Forum for the OC4BA v2/v3 and OC4BAConfig including the OCP4NGX driver
krake802

MCP V3 and FMC V3 problems

Post by krake802 »

Hi guys,

So I just got hold of my MCP V3 and FMC V3 together,

although being a newbie to this stuff Im trying my best to figure it out

Let's start with the MCP, so far using I have managed to get the buttons to work but my displays dont wish to work apart from the heading which reads -99 on its own

the problem with my FMC V3 is that the screen either flashes white, or it will start and hit the blue screen saying no source or something like that.

Any help is appreciated , thank you
mvr1918
Site Admin

Re: MCP V3 and FMC V3 problems

Post by mvr1918 »

MCP issue:
It looks to me that you have an issue with either no Power Supply connected to the MCP or you haven't
set
[SDK]
EnableDataBroadcast=1

to the option.ini file in FSX/PMDG ( see MUST READ)

FMC issue:

Noting to do with the OC4BA.

If you have NVIDIA vcard:

Have you configured the display output to the FMC v3 in NVIDIA Control Panel configuration?
krake802

Post by krake802 »

So far i have a slight update:

MCP:

So I now have the LED's and displays working (apart from the Autothrottle arm LED not seeming to come on in side the SIM
so my switches correlate perfectly to the NGX, apart from my displays and values i can change on the MCP, but no change in the NGX

FMC:

a slight issue now, screen works, however the USB connects then disconnects (and it does pop up in SIOC for a second)
mvr1918
Site Admin

Post by mvr1918 »

Make sure you test both MCP and FMC with Opencockpits testprograms in order to verify that they works OK before starting up OCPP4NGX.

You will find the test programs at the products order page at www.opencockpits.com

When you are 100% they work OK, but are still having problems with OCP4NGX, read :

viewtopic.php?f=11&t=276
krake802

Post by krake802 »

Unfortunately MCP test doesnt pick up or allow me to control any of my MCP, i tried running as admin and without but nothing, yet SIOC recognises it
mvr1918
Site Admin

Post by mvr1918 »

You can also try to test it with SIOC.exe , then go to SIOC Monitor from SIOC window. Connect to MCP and test all LEDs, 7 segment displays and all buttons and switches.

If still having issues, contact Alejandro at support@opencockpits.com