New user NGX query

Forum for the OC4BA v2/v3 and OC4BAConfig including the OCP4NGX driver
Alpin-Flier

Re: New user NGX query

Post by Alpin-Flier »

Hello all

I have a similar question, so let me use this thread, too. I'm building a B737 cockpit with a lot of OC-material, but also with Hispapanels material (MIP,MCP), that is operated with sc-pascal7 on simioboards. Writes and reads are done via IOCP as server, using Offsets from IOCP (.xml-file). Can I use the OC4BA-driver without problems? Have I to write scripts besides those in sc-Pascal? Thank you very much for any help.

Urs
mvr1918
Site Admin

Post by mvr1918 »

Hi,

Not 100% sure about this as I do not know sc-pascal7 or simioboards. The OCP4NGX reads and writes SIOC variables. If you can address and read/write these SIOC variables via sc-pascal7 by means of IOCP communication with the SIOC server, I believe it should work OK. You could listen to SIOC Variable changes via a sc-pascal7/IOPC subroutine and when changes happens another sc-pascal7 subroutine writes the changed Var value to correct simioboard output. The write should be the other way, starting with a eg. button push connected to a simioboard input, them via IOPC write to correct SIOC variable.

All function in the PMDG B737 NGX has its SIOC variable. A list of these mappings are available with the purchase of OC4BA v3.

I suggest you ask this question also to the guy running the www.hispapanels.com
Alpin-Flier

Post by Alpin-Flier »

Hi Roar

This sounds really good and I will give it a try. I have still another question concerning the interaction with pmdg737ngx (to get a better understanding as an engineer with little software knowledge). Does the communication from IOCP to simconnect happen in both directions directly or is there FSUIPC inbetween? The reason: I would like a system completely driven by events, so that only changing variables on both sides trigger program actions. Or did I get something wrong? Thank you very much for infos.

Best regards
Urs
mvr1918
Site Admin

Post by mvr1918 »

FSUIPC is not involed with OC4BA v3 drivers.

OCP4NGX driver is a IOCP client, that on one side communicate directly with PMDG and on the other side communicate with the IOPC Server side of SIOC.

Changes to PMDG Variables are detected by OCP4NGX which writes changes to correct IOCP Server Variables (SIOC). SIOC then send this info to IOCARDS outpot ports ( LEDs, Servos etc)

Changes to IOCARDs inputs ( Switches, Buttons etc) are detected as SIOC Variable changes and these are monitored by IOCP Client ( OCP4NGX) which further send the info to correct PMDG EVENTS.