Opencockpits Harware

Forum for the OC4BA v2/v3 and OC4BAConfig including the OCP4NGX driver
queenofsky

Opencockpits Harware

Post by queenofsky »

Hello
I`m planning to update my Homecockpit with the following Product.
I have FS9.1 (2004) with registered FSUIPC, PMDG B747-400.
I`m interested for the FMC B-747/767 V3 (2M34) , ATC 747 (2M24) and COM 747 (2M25)

I get the answer form Opencockpits that ATC and COM Panel works with PMDG 747-400 FS9.

What about the FMC?

Thank you for your help.

Kind regards

Stephan Zurich
mvr1918
Site Admin

Re: Opencockpits Harware

Post by mvr1918 »

Hi,

To my knowledge the FMC v3 will not work with any PMDG B747 at the moment. In order for the FMC v3 to work you need an airplane with a proper SDK.

The soon to be released PMDG B747 V2 will have a SDK as the other new PMDG aircrafts ( B737NGX and B777X), and the FMC v3 will work via
the soon to be released new OCP4747X driver from rksoftware.

But, the new PMDG B747v2 will not work with your FS9. You will need to upgrade to FSX, FSX-SE or P3Dv2.
queenofsky

Post by queenofsky »

Hello

thank you for your answer. Now am confused, because I receive this E-mail from Opencokpits:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hello,
ATC 747 (2M24) and COM 747 (2M25) work perfectly with FS9 or FSX and PMDG.
FMC B-747/767 V3 works with most add on aircraft for FS9 and FSX, but about PMDG the problem is that they do not freely provide its inner variable codes, or charge big amounts for them, so compatibility depends on third party pay ware. Most scripts are available at RK Software website http://www.flightsim4fun.com/.
VAT is not applicable to sales in Switzerland, but import taxes will surely be applicable at delivery.
Best regards.

Miguel
Opencockpits Sales

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Before I buy this Hardware components, I want be sure about if its working.

What is meaning SDK?

Cheers and thank you,

Stephan Ricci, Zurich
fschrewe

Post by fschrewe »

To use any opencockpits hardware, you need a programm called "SIOC" (you can get it at the opencockpits website for free), that does the communication between your hardware and the Sim, usually via FSUIPC.
For all addons that do not use the Standard FSUIPC offsets, you need a special driver communicating between SIOC and your sim.
To make such a driver the programmer needs information how to communicate withe the addon. This is called "software development kit" (SDK).

For a long time, PMDG did not release any SDKs, so connecting hardware was difficult with these addons. The only PMDG airplanes with released SDKs up to now are the B737NGX and the B777. The upcoming B747 v2 will also have a SDK, but they only work with FSX / PMDG.

Quotation from the OpenCockpits Download shop:
"This module can use the same B737 FMC scripts adapting the offsets for function keys. It is also compatible with other add-on like Prosim 737, PMDG 737NGX (but not compatible with PMDG747 yet), Level-D 767, ON-737, iFly, ProSim, Aerowinx Precision Simulator 747 and others."
Regards,
Frank Schrewe
queenofsky

Post by queenofsky »

Thank you very very much Frank.

If you are german, may I ask you if we can Skype one time?
It would be very helpful, because my english in technical part is not so very well.
Thank you.

I send you my Skype ID via private Message.

Cheers Stephan Zurich