beginners questions

Forum for the OC4BA v2/v3 and OC4BAConfig including the OCP4NGX driver
rprovideo

beginners questions

Post by rprovideo »

hi all

my dad and have been building this system for a while now. It goes painfully slow, mostly because I do not have time to do the computer parts.

we have most of the mechanics in place, and I had a dy off to play with OC4 which I found a wonderful way to save time to program up the parts. The simulator will be a 737NGx, and we have the following OC USB components:
-full overhead V3
-MCP v2
-2x efis
-2x FMC
-2x NAV
-2xCOM
-2x ADF
-1x Transponder
everything else will be manually made thru OC MASTER cards.

Okay, so I have installed OCP4GX. I have found several versions of the driver and the script, and I have some options.

in the script,4.0 doesnt seem to work. 3.6 and under works fine.
in driver,
-248 works but wont drive the overhead at all
-253 seems the best solution right now, it drives most of the overhead except for the DC display and most of the servos? but its easy to turn it on with the C/O button on the MCP.
-257 is the newest version, but it appears that its no longer the C/O button that turns everything from cold to hot. I do not yet know or want to do a full turn on as we are still testing. Does 257 has anything like that? I have read something about the BAT swithc but I tried and it wont do anything.

some more question if i may:
-I can see my ADF and ATC in Detected HW in Config, but I cannot see anything in Operation. I can only have ATC as its automatically recognized, and so I cannot delete it when I manually add the others.
-i cannot for the life of me get the FCM to work. It shows up in SIOC, it shows up in OC4BAconfig, I pair it up, but the green tick mark wont show up in the info screen, and it will not do anything in the sim.
-can I have two ADF?
-alll the radio frequencies change very slowly. It takes about a second for the numbers to change. On the PP version it was almost instant. Did I screwed up something?
-should the DC block work in the overhead?

thank you in advance
Balazs
mvr1918
Site Admin

Re: beginners questions

Post by mvr1918 »

Hi,

I'm going to be short as I am on my way out the door.

WIth your HW setup you should use script 4.0 and driver 3.3.0 ( they both came in your download if you bought OC4BA v3 after May 2015.

I will and can only support the latest versions. The differences between versions are bug fixes and additional functionality.

I.e. for script 4.0 to work OK, you must have driver 3.3.0. It will not work with older drivers. So forget old script and driver versions.

- you can only have 1 ADF ( PMDG planes only have 1 ADF). You can always set ADF2 as a copy og ADF1.

- radio freq changes should work fast with 4.0/3.3.0

- the complete OVH , inluding DC works fine with 4.0/3.3.0

- which FMC HW version do you have? If you do not have the latest FMC v3 you need to make a small mod in the script

If you contiune to have issues after using latest versions, send in info about here
rprovideo

Re: beginners questions

Post by rprovideo »

hello

thanks for your help. Sorry for being a noob, I'm just learning this

so i managed to get 3.3 and 4.0 (i bought the software last year so it was not as automatic). Installed it okay, got thru some missing DLL problem by myself.
Here is my first problem: in this build, the cockpit starts up cold. Sure you know what tis means, everything is off.
In previous versions, one could cheat by pressinf the C/O button, and that would start up the plane. This no longer works.

I tried manually start the systems - BAT switch off then on, STANDBY PWR to bat then on. I can see they have an effect - if I trun the BAT off, the master warning buttons go out in the sim - but I cannot get the radios or the overhead on

after looking around in IOCP console I tried setting EL_STATE to 1 then 2 and up to 15. Ihn the end I have most lights on, but the cabin is mostly nonfunctional.

It looks to me I cannot fire up the plane..any help?

Thanks
Balazs