OCP4NGX_v4 not working with USB Outputs card (SOLVED)

Forum for the OC4BA v2/v3 and OC4BAConfig including the OCP4NGX driver
737max

OCP4NGX_v4 not working with USB Outputs card (SOLVED)

Post by 737max »

Hi, I have moved this post from mycockpit.org forum to here as instructed by Roar.

I shall start from the beginning.

I am running FSX SP1 - PMDG737 SP1 - FSUIPC 4 - OC4BA3 and SIOC 5.0 trying to light an LED on an Opencockpits USB Outputs card.
I have other Opencockpits modules that work fine on OC4BA_v2 script but more on that later.
When running IOCP console in SIOC the OC4BA_v4 script I have modified for my USB Outputs card runs just fine, the variable changes to 1 and the LED lights up.
The problem comes when running FSX with a PMDG 737 and trying again, the LED does nothing when using the lights test in the VC, the switch which lights all anuncitors.

I have enabledatabroadcast in PMDG ini and the OC modules communicate fine when using OC4BA_v2 script.
It's as if communication is being blocked by PMDG for the USB Outputs card?

I have tried on 2 PC's with no success and have disabled AV and Firewall to see if that's an issue. No Joy.
mvr1918
Site Admin

Re: OCP4NGX_v4 not working with USB Outputs card

Post by mvr1918 »

Try to use and modify parts of this ( sent in an email to you) script which should have all MIP function working incl. Light Tests.

The 4.0 script also have the same code, but I think you have not pasted in all necessary code to get Light Test working. It also have OVH script code so it is a little more complicated.

The PMDGB737 behaves in a strange way regarding a lot of annunciator states via the SDK.
737max

Re: OCP4NGX_v4 not working with USB Outputs card

Post by 737max »

problem solved.

It turned out that I needed to update to PMDG NGX SP1D.
Once things were done in the right order on the updated software it worked.

Just updating here cos I hate seeing threads with no conclusion!

Hope this helps someone.
mvr1918
Site Admin

Re: OCP4NGX_v4 not working with USB Outputs card (SOLVED)

Post by mvr1918 »

Solved