Newbie stuck with basics (SOLVED)

Forum for the OC4BA v2/v3 and OC4BAConfig including the OCP4NGX driver
gblair

Newbie stuck with basics (SOLVED)

Post by gblair »

Hi, I am new to SIOC an OC4BA.

I have my own MCP made with IOCards, including EXP/Master. All is working with the controlador program

If i use the default OCP4NGX_v4.4OC.ssi script and OC4BA.ini, how do I go about setting up my system ?

Do I add my MCP to the OCB4a.ini file with IDX 15m1 or do I use IDX34 (as 30, 31, 32 and 33 are already used in the OCB4a.ini)

Depending on the above, I would then have to edit my script file to change the "Device 15" to "Device 34" and change the inputs/outputs as required?

Thanks in advance

Gordon
mvr1918
Site Admin

Re: Newbie stuck with basics

Post by mvr1918 »

Hi,

I recommend that you use either

OCP4NGX_PP_v2.0.ssi (Contains code for the standard P&P USB modules: MCP, EFISs, CDUs, COMs, NAVs, ADF and ATC)
OCP4NGX_PP_MIP_v1.1.ssi (Contains code for the Dual Trainer MIP incl MCP, EFIS, CDUs, + PP USB modules COMs, NAVs, ADF and ATC

and not any of these

OCP4NGX_v4.0.ssi * (Contains code for the standard P&P USB modules: OVH -FWD, MIP, Fire Panel, MCP, EFISs, CDUs, COMs, NAVs, ADF and ATC)
OCP4NGX_v4.4OC.ssi ** (Contains code for OVH-FWD, OVH-AFT, PEDESTALwFIRE PANEL, Dual Trainer MIP incl MCP, EFIS, CDUs)

because they have the code for the OVH. It gets a lot more complicated with OVH script. So stay away from these scripts until you start with OVH and have some experience with SIOC scripting.

Use IDX 15m1 after adding it to the OC4BA.ini file

Then you just need to make changes to the input and output numbers to fit your specific MCP numbering plan.

Fine if you could give a little feedback if you succeed or not with this approach. There are many reading this forum and it would be good for learning for a lot of users.
gblair

Re: Newbie stuck with basics

Post by gblair »

Thank you, that worked perfectly
mvr1918
Site Admin

Re: Newbie stuck with basics (SOLVED)

Post by mvr1918 »

Good to know.