differences between script 4 and 4.4c

Forum for the OC4BA v2/v3 and OC4BAConfig including the OCP4NGX driver
rprovideo

differences between script 4 and 4.4c

Post by rprovideo »

Hi
there are several changes in 4.4c which break from the previous version and differs even from the manual.
I am finding these in the hard way and thought I'll mention them in here

COM1,2, NAV 1,2 ADF and ATC are not in their corresponding device number as before, they are under device 32 and you have to manually edit device numbers for PP modules to be used
There is now and ADF2, altough the pots does not work, the display copies ADF1
Com1 and Com2 standby frequency displays are broken for me..?
Device 36 is no longer OVH servo1, it is servo for flaps.
OVH Servos are now device 37 and Device 38
For PP FMC you have to change IOCARDS_KEYS to USB_KEYS fro both Device 12 and 23
mvr1918
Site Admin

Re: differences between script 4 and 4.4c

Post by mvr1918 »

The 4.4OC script is for the new Opencockpits MIP and PEDESTAL IDC versions.

This is stated in the MUST READ file in the OC4BA v3 package.

The ADF2 do not work as PMDG do not support ADF2 in their SDK.

Standby Freq for COM1 and COM2 do not work correctly in this script.

Servo IDX's for MIP, OVH-FWD has been changed, yes.

Only users having the old FMC v1/v2 should change to USB_KEYS for both Device 13 ( not 12) and 23.
fschrewe

Post by fschrewe »

According to the "Must read" the Script for The Aft OH is part of 4.4c only? If that is true, I think I'll extract this part and compare it to my selmade script... .

By the way, just a proposal: Wouldn't it be easier to split the script into several parts, e.g. one "Base script" with code needed for several panels (like Electric states) and several small scripts for the different panels. That way updating the script should become a lot easier, especially if your Homecockpit is a Mix of P&P components and homebuild parts. Users could just select the Panels they need and compile the according scripts using the group option...
Regards,
Frank Schrewe
mvr1918
Site Admin

Post by mvr1918 »

fschrewe wrote: By the way, just a proposal: Wouldn't it be easier to split the script into several parts, e.g. one "Base script" with code needed for several panels (like Electric states) and several small scripts for the different panels. That way updating the script should become a lot easier, especially if your Homecockpit is a Mix of P&P components and homebuild parts. Users could just select the Panels they need and compile the according scripts using the group option...
I have been thinking about this, but lack of time has not allowed me to do this.

Maybe I will do it some day soon, as it seems like the growth of customers continues in a rapid way.

OC4BAv3 is now more popular than when released almost 2 years ago, so it maybe deserve a good script handling update.