please help

Forum for the OC4BA v2/v3 and OC4BAConfig including the OCP4NGX driver
happy

please help

Post by happy »

Hello every one
could some one please help me. I have installed the mcp v3 from open cockpits and i cant seem to get the mcp to show up in the modules list in OC4BA.V3 ITS DRIVING ME NUTS !
I Can see the mcp in the Open cockpits SIOC tool so i know its there and the computer can see it. all the oc stuff i have is plug and play and i have got the other P+P's to work which are efis, com 1, nav1, atc, fmc i have no io cards yet just p+p.
i have sioc v5 installed and OC4BA.3 ver 3.6 pmdg 737ngx and p3d.3.1

could some one please tell me how to get the mcp to show up in the modules list in roars oc4ba.v3 i must have missed something but for the life of me i cant see it.
i have a screen shot of the install
thanks for any help
happy
1.png
1.png (15.8 KiB) Viewed 5393 times
2.png
2.png (138.88 KiB) Viewed 5393 times
4.png
4.png (87.87 KiB) Viewed 5393 times
happy

Re: please help

Post by happy »

Hi everyone well i seem to have got the mcp working by stumbling around in the folders.
I have a folder on c drive called auto config & another on c called IOCARDS both have a load of files in them but the auto cfg folder has the ssetup_files in it

i also have a folder in the main p3d folder called SIOC i think so i could start oc4ba from the sim ( never got that to work ? ) what i did to get the mcp to work was to copy all the files in the IOCARDS folder on c: drive & pasted them into the SIOC folder in p3d. on D: drive
Now you guys need to understand i don't understand software at all i am a welder so i have no idea why that worked.

I do have another problem now though when i switch on the volts power to the mcp I get a usb connect sound and the mcp will connect to the sim via oc3ba & work but the pc then starts to give the usb disconnect - reconnect sound when that happens the mcp goes blank and stops working. if i restart the oc4ba v3 the mcp will work again until I get the usb disconnect - reconnect sound again then i lose the mpc again. :( this can happen after 20 seconds or after 2 minuets and will continue untill the volts are removed from the mcp. I have looked at this for a while & find that just giving the mcp volts by turning on the mains adapter is the triger for the usb disconnect - reconnect sound
I have checked the connections changed the power socket changed the usb socket but no luck.
Dose anyone know what the problem is.
I will send a email to open cockpits as well but any help would be greatly appreciated
Thanks
Tim
fschrewe

Post by fschrewe »

Your SIOC folder is at the wrong place. The documentation for OCBA states quite clearly that , if your P3D is in C:\p3d for example, your SIOC installation has to be in C:\sioc - otherwise OCBA won't work!
Regards,
Frank Schrewe
happy

Post by happy »

hi frank
thanks for replying .
my p3d isnt in C its in D drive. i dont know why thrte are foldets on C drive realy
Tim
happy

Post by happy »

aah light buld.
thanks frank i got ot now. :D
mvr1918
Site Admin

Post by mvr1918 »

..closed