A/T function

This is a new forum for the OC4BAv4.
Alpin-Flier

A/T function

Post by Alpin-Flier »

Hi all
I am working on my motorised throttle script. Now I have realised that the A/T function is quite complex. Before takeoff: When the A/T switch is armed (green LED on) throttles are still manually operated and put to 40% N1 by pilots. Only when TOGA switch is pushed, throttles are driven from the PMDG. After speed has reached 84 kts, A/T is disengaged again ("THR HOLD"). So throttles could be operated again by pilots, e.g. for takeoff reject. Then at 400 resp. 800 ft AGL A/T is engaged again. I think resp. I hope that PMDG does this correctly. But now my question: Is there a variable to show "A/T engaged"? That would help a lot. The A/T switch resp. A/T annunciator is not sufficient. And another variable I could not find.
Thanks for help
Urs
mvr1918
Site Admin

Re: A/T function

Post by mvr1918 »

Hi,

There are 2 variables for AT status:

1277 = MCP_ATArmSw);
1282 = MCP_annunATArm);

No other AT information from PMDG SDK.

The first should give the the AT switch status and the second should give the AT annunciator status.

If you need more AT information, you have to ask PMDG. If they can provide a variable I can include it in an update of the driver.
Alpin-Flier

Re: A/T function

Post by Alpin-Flier »

Hi Roar

I asked PMDG and they told me this: "Some time after the 747 - which will have specific hardware-friendly support - the NGX is planned to receive an update along the same lines." That sounds really good for the future :) .

To solve the AT problem in the meantime, I have written a nice script that works quite well. Again I had to use some FSUIPC offsets and would prefer to replace them by SIOC variables. But I don't know how to get out these datas:
- Radio (radar) altitude
- Ground speed

Do I need a parallel driver to OC4BA (i.e. IOCP4P3D) or can I get these values inside OC4BA? I know, that OC4BA offers all variables from the PMDG SDK. But there you find also the following remark:
// The rest of the controls and indicators match their standard FSX counterparts
// and can be accessed using the standard SimConnect means.
Ok, but how can I get them? Some explanation would help a lot. Thank you.

Best regards
Urs