Trying to add mor Plug&Play-Devices

Forum for the OCP4777X driver that controls PMDG B777X
fschrewe

Trying to add mor Plug&Play-Devices

Post by fschrewe »

Hi,
I am trying to modify your script and add the left CDU, COM2, NAV and ADF radios. I thought this could be done by copying the script for left CDU and Com1, followed by renaming and renumbering the Vars and changing the device numbers. But when I looked at the device numbers you used in your scripts, I discovered three groups of var numbers:
- The first group is numbered consecutively from 1 to 172 and contain something like "custom vars". These are easy to adopt by simply continue counting.
- The second group uses var numbers documented in the offset tables delivered with ocp4777x. These are also quite easy to adopt by searching the tables for the correct var numbers.
- The third group contains var numbers I can't reconstruct, such as Var 1999 or Var numbers higher than 3000.

Could you please explain how to change these numbers in order to adopt the scripts?

Best regards,
Frank Schrewe
Regards,
Frank Schrewe
mvr1918
Site Admin

Re: Trying to add mor Plug&Play-Devices

Post by mvr1918 »

I believe you mean adding the right CDU, not the Left one as that is already in the script.

I am not aware of any NAV or ADF modules in the B777. Navigation functions are in the CDU.

I will release a new B777 driver and script next week. This has all 3 CDU's and COM2 implemented.

It also has improved rotary and MCP display functions.

Just wait a little and you have your modules connected with the default script.
fschrewe

Re: Trying to add mor Plug&Play-Devices

Post by fschrewe »

sorry, of course I meant the right CDU. :oops: I also checked about the NAV and ADF modules. You are right. I mixed it up with the B767 and B744, where these modules are at least used as a backup.

Looing at the overhead PÜanel I have another question: My Overheadpanel (B737) has flip switches, while the B777 is mostly built with korrys. How can I make sure that the state of the corry switch reflects the position of the hardware switches. According to the SDK the korrys are simply toggle-switches, while the B737 had dedicated on/off commands transmitted?
Regards,
Frank Schrewe