Installation error[SOLVED]

The forum for the new PMDG B747v3
escasoni.1

Installation error[SOLVED]

Post by escasoni.1 »

Hi,

Recently purchased the PMDG 747v3 for P3D but after installing the OCP4747 zip file to my SIOC folder got the error message "Waiting for PMDG to release the B747v2 + SDK"

Contacted Roar who supplied a complete download of up to date files and a set of step by step install instructions which I followed during installation. Removed SIOC as advised and cleared out all unnecessary files and folders and did a registry clean as well before installing the new files. However there is now no communication with my EFIS/MCP/FMC modules for any aircraft.

On closing OC4BA the error shown is " Error 4 Connect to SIOC failure 10053"

Have checked and installed the proper ""EnableDataBroadcast=1" addition to both my 777 and 747 aircraft options.ini files and configured the aircraft with the .ssi files and modules which were automitally displayed, but this has made no difference.

Am now at a loss as to what to check next. Any suggestions ?

All help appreciated.

Ron
mvr1918
Site Admin

Re: Installation error

Post by mvr1918 »

It could be a bug strolling around in the latest OC4BAv4. exe you got.

Go to OC4BAv4 / Config and click Qualitywings B787 in the Cockpit screen. Then Go and remake the Other airplanes configurations. Check that the TOP line in the
Configuration screen show the full path to the script.
escasoni.1

Post by escasoni.1 »

mvr1918

Carried out your instructions and all is well now. Many thanks

As far as I remember in previous versions only the .ssi file was shown in the configurator top line, so seeing this there I thought all was as it should be. Now that the complete path to the file in shown, everything works as it should.
My only concern is that clicking OC4BA in the simulator add-on menu only brings up my file explorer page with the simulator drive letter highlighted. i.e. D: in my case. I have to access the confugurator by making a shortcut to the .exe file and placing this in my task bar. Is there a way to get the add-on menu option working ?

During OC4BA installation, I selected the P3D option rather than FSX, since P3D is my simulator, so the link should work.

Ron
mvr1918
Site Admin

Post by mvr1918 »

I have a new plugin for P3D that automatically detects which PMDG airplane is loaded and start the correct driver. Then you do not need to use the Add-on menu.

I have sent you a link. Just download and unzip to SIOC folder-
escasoni.1

Post by escasoni.1 »

mvr1918

Many thanks for that. I'm sure it will be a great help.
Took a 747 flight this morning and everything worked out fine.

Ron
mvr1918
Site Admin

Post by mvr1918 »

I mark this topic as SOLVED