Opencockpits MCP v2 Off and On (Solved)

This is a new forum for the OC4BAv4.
Wardie

Opencockpits MCP v2 Off and On (Solved)

Post by Wardie »

Up until now my Opencockpits MCP v2 has worked perfectly with P3Dv4 PMDG 737-800 running on Windows 10. All of a sudden I find that after start-up and when into a flight it suddenly switches off, all the LEDs and displays go blank. When I click on the MCP within the program on the screen my Opencockpits MCP comes alive again but only for a short period and then switches off again. Once again I click on the screen on a switch, it comes alive, sometimes with garbled displays, I click again, increasing the altitude setting, and everything is perfect again. Then it goes off again........ the same thing happens when I run Aerowinx PSX with my Opencockpits MCP so I think it must be directly related to the MCP itself and not the software. Any ideas or advice will be greatly appreciated!
Last edited by Wardie on Sat Nov 23, 2019 5:55 pm, edited 2 times in total.
mvr1918
Site Admin

Re: Opencockpits MCP v2 Off and On

Post by mvr1918 »

1. I would check that the Power Supply to the MCP is working OK.
2. Change to another USB port on your PC. Remember to make a new configuration file (PMDG B737.ini).
Wardie

Re: Opencockpits MCP v2 Off and On

Post by Wardie »

Thanks for such a quick reply! I think it is the power supply, I switched it off, unplugged it, plugged it back in and re-booted and it seems to be okay! Fingers crossed! Thanks for your kind assistance always!
mvr1918
Site Admin

Re: Opencockpits MCP v2 Off and On (SOLVED)

Post by mvr1918 »

Solved, good.