FStarter support issues should be addressed here

This is the forum for any issues regarding the FStarter app for MSFS
mvr1918
Site Admin

FStarter support issues should be addressed here

Post by mvr1918 »

All FStarter bugs, ideas, and questions should be addressed here.
mvr1918
Site Admin

Re: FStarter support issues should be addressed here

Post by mvr1918 »

Here is how to set up a POI for your house or any other location and how to use it in FStarter.

1. With Bing Maps
- Open Bing Map, right-click on your location, click "drop a pin", copy "lat and long" numbers
- start MSFS and World Map UI and click Search box and do a CNTRL-V to paste the "lat and long" coordinates
- click the line with the coordinates under the CUSTOM line and set as departure and click FLY
- now you will start a flight over your location

2. Once over the location, start FStarter and click "Add POI"
and write "description of poi*

Now your POI is set and can be used found with the POI Touring button and "Start flight" button when you are in an active flight situation or from MSFS's Worl MAP UI with a CNTRL-V.

Alternatively, you open poi.txt with the "Edit POI" button in FStarter and copy an already existing POI and modify it with your desired text and the coordinates you got from BING Maps.
mvr1918
Site Admin

Post by mvr1918 »

For those that got the VFR Explorer, I have sent out an update of it and also renamed the app to FStarter(Flight Starter) to better reflect the functions it holds.

FStarter is a WIP(work-in-progress) app and new features will be implemented and will be free to all existing customers.

If you do not own FStarter now, you can read the documentation and what it offers here http://www.flightsim4fun.com/uploads/3/ ... tarter.pdf
Christy

Post by Christy »

Thanks for the detailed explanations.
mvr1918
Site Admin

Post by mvr1918 »

Just confirmed
wmjk

Post by wmjk »

i just downloaded Fstarter, when I try to start a flight I get an error
++++ Could not load file or assembly 'Microsoft.FlightSimulator.SimConnect.dll' or one of its dependencies. The specified module could not be found. File name: 'Microsoft.FlightSimulator.SimConnect.dll ++++

I have the Fstarter exe and its companion files in a folder on my desktop, should I have located them elsewhere?
Thanks for any help
Liam.
wmjk

Post by wmjk »

Hi Roar,
Thanks for coming back so quickly. The new download link you sent me, with the missing file, has fixed the problem.
Regards,
Liam.
mvr1918
Site Admin

Post by mvr1918 »

wmjk wrote:Hi Roar,
Thanks for coming back so quickly. The new download link you sent me, with the missing file, has fixed the problem.
Regards,
Liam.
Fine
Harry100

Post by Harry100 »

I have opened FStarter but it doesn't appear to open fully. Please see attached screenshot. I have tried to resize at the corners but nothing happening. Can you please advise?
Attachments
ss-starter.jpg
ss-starter.jpg (174.46 KiB) Viewed 1506 times