ENGINE Start switches script

The forum for all issues related to the new OC4BAv5 and the new OCP4NGXu driver for PMDG B737NGXu.
mvr1918
Site Admin

ENGINE Start switches script

Post by mvr1918 »

You need to find these values yourself and then use these values in the script (by using SIOC_Monitor and move the servo arms)

Example:

ENG_Left Switch ? Start of free sone GRD to OFF kickback in
Value in SIOC Monitor 305 876

ENG_Right Switch ? Start of free sone GRD to OFF kickback in
Value in SIOC Monitor 275 819

ENG1:
The position between 305 and 875 is the free zone where you can freely move the switch from OFF to GRD
Position 876 is where the switch auto moves from GRD to OFF
Positions above 876 -1024 will not let you move the switch from OFF to GRD

A correct script for ENG1 with the values above should be

Var 0126, name ENG1_Servo, Link USB_SERVOS, Device 37, Output 6, PosL 20, PosC 512, PosR 1000

Var 1220, name ENG1_ST_SW_POS, static // servo arm is set to free, value 350
{
IF &sENG1_S_GRD = 1
{
IF &ENG1_ST_SW_POS = 1 // if in GRD and receive OFF from ngx
{
&ENG1_Servo = 900 // Auto off phase I to trigger servo arm to go from GRD to OFF ( needs to be above kickback value)
&ENG1_Servo = DELAY 350 ,200 // Auto off phase II should reset to free zones
}
}
}

Hope this clarifies thing
James Curry

Re: ENGINE Start switches script

Post by James Curry »

I just wanted to share some of my experiences of the start switches that add to the above.
The start switches I had originally bought were solenoid and I could not get on with the relay card and programming so made some servo holders and adapted the units to use servos to control them.

My servos kick the starter from GND to OFF at about 650 units
The problem that I have continually had was that regardless of the coding, the servos would often reside unpowered state at totally random positions / neutral from when I power the PC on etc........

To correct this I had initiated an if condition of setting the servo at a set position of 200 units so that the servo arm will move back and clear the starter switch once the start switch is moved past the OFF position.
In effect to move the starter switch to GND you have to go past OFF anyway, so I use moving the starter to off to initiate a servo position of 200 units which moves the servo arm back to a point where the start switch will clear the GND position.

Below is what it looks like in code.
I hope this helps anyone who is having issues with initial start up positions not playing ball. I'm using the servoplus cards and not the initial smaller servo cards.
Screenshot (4).png
Screenshot (4).png (31.56 KiB) Viewed 1042 times
James Curry
Loadmaster
mvr1918
Site Admin

Re: ENGINE Start switches script

Post by mvr1918 »

Thanks for you info.

Always good to have some user that share their experience and script codes.