Report bugs and issues for the PMDG 737 for MSFS here

This is the forum for all your MSFS 2020 - PMDG 737 driver questions and issues
idj4

Re: Report bugs and issues for the PMDG 737 for MSFS here

Post by idj4 »

Hi All

New user of Oi4FS software so I have the latest v4 and script files 6.2. I use the 'P' variant as my pedestal is IDC connected.

I've noticed a couple of issues with the MIP.

1. Position of DU knobs on both sides.

When the PDMG737 flight deck loads up in MSFS, all DU knobs are in 'Normal' Position. As soon as I load the Oi4FS drivers from FStarter (pinned to the taskbar) all 4 DU knobs on the software turn once to the left, which obviously changes the DU displays.
I correct this by turning the hardware knobs to the left (to match the software) then back again so the software matches the hardware. (I have the single seat Cpt MIP so the FO knobs have to be corrected with mouse input).

2. MIP Light Tests

The captain DU knobs move back again 1 turn to the left. (FO stay on Normal position).

2a. MIP Lights Test.

It activates the GPWS aural sounds.

Any ideas please?

Many Thanks

Ian
Last edited by idj4 on Sun Dec 11, 2022 9:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
NobbyC_B738

Post by NobbyC_B738 »

@ Roar,
I have similar strange behavior on MIP LIGHT TEST although I haven't connected a #31 device

This is my Issue #5 now:

When I click on Mip Lights Test or when I operate a MIP LIGHT TEST switch that I have connected to a free input on device #30 (my OVH) so that Var 0441 and 2373 change value, than several things happen:
- all annuciators turn on
- some annunciators turn off
- battery switch moves 1x OFF and 1x ON
- DC knob moves to TR3 (Var 2623 changed to value 6)
- AC knob moves to INV (Var 2615 changed to value 5)
- IRS knobs both move to ATT (Var 2755 and 2480 changed to value 3)
- El STATE (Var 0020) changes from 15 to 14 (sometimes to 9 ?)

This only happens after I have started Oi4FS. When I fly PMDG Boeing without OC hardware, MIP LIGHT TEST works fine

Nearly same behavior when I operate the battery switch: when both engines are running and generators work, battery switch behavior is correct.
But when I have cut off fuel and engines stopped so that generators don't produce energy and when I than finally want to turn off battery, then the AC- DC- and IRS knobs move to identical position as if I do a Light Test.

I haven't figured out the reason, maybe problem with EL_STATE

@ Ian
I don't have a device 31 connected. When I do a light test, the DU knobs don't move on the PMDG MIP (on PC-Monitor)

seems as if these problems only occur when associated hardware is connected and associated parts of the script are in use. To confirm this idea:

- would you please have a look on PMDG OVH_FWD and OVH_AFT (on PC-Monitor) what happens to the a.m. knobs, when you operate MIP LIGHT TEST.
- do you have OVH (device 30) connected?

Best Regards
Norbert
Best Regards
Norbert
(EDDH)
idj4

Post by idj4 »

NobbyC_B738 wrote: Sun Dec 11, 2022 8:53 pm @ Ian
I don't have a device 31 connected. When I do a light test, the DU knobs don't move on the PMDG MIP (on PC-Monitor)

seems as if these problems only occur when associated hardware is connected and associated parts of the script are in use. To confirm this idea:

- would you please have a look on PMDG OVH_FWD and OVH_AFT (on PC-Monitor) what happens to the a.m. knobs, when you operate MIP LIGHT TEST.
- do you have OVH (device 30) connected?

Best Regards
Norbert
I have both FWD & AFT Overheads but I’ve not connected either yet as I was first trying the MIP, but I will certainly try another Lights Test to see if I get your problem too, and keep you informed.

Regards.
mvr1918
Site Admin

Post by mvr1918 »

to idj4,

Some panels can be wired a little different than others, so

Check with SIOC's SIOC Monitor that the DU switches are connected to the input numbers as seen here in the DU script parts

You can also check with SIOC's IOCPConsole what is going on under the hood. You can enable/disable Varables to easier see what is happening.
You disable with the UnSelect all and click in front of the Varaible name to filter to get a better view of the log

The script is quite simple. when you start the driver it should detect the switch position and send the correct info to the airplane via the driver software.

Var 2372, name CPT_MAIN_DU, static

Var 0376, name sCPT_OUTBD_PFD, Link IOCARD_SW, Device 31, Input 0
{
IF &sCPT_OUTBD_PFD = 1
{
&CPT_MAIN_DU = 0
}
}

Var 0377, name sCPT_NORM, Link IOCARD_SW, Device 31, Input 1
{
IF &sCPT_NORM = 1
{
&CPT_MAIN_DU = 1
}
}

Var 0378, name sCPT_ENG_PRI, Link IOCARD_SW, Device 31, Input 2
{
IF &sCPT_ENG_PRI = 1
{
&CPT_MAIN_DU = 2
}
}

Var 0379, name sCPT_PFD, Link IOCARD_SW, Device 31, Input 3
{
IF &sCPT_PFD = 1
{
&CPT_MAIN_DU = 3
}
}

Var 0380, name sCPT_MFD, Link IOCARD_SW, Device 31, Input 4
{
IF &sCPT_MFD = 1
{
&CPT_MAIN_DU = 4
}
}

Var 2371, name CPT_LOWER_DU, static

Var 0381, name sCPT_ENG_LDU, Link IOCARD_SW, Device 31, Input 5
{
IF &sCPT_ENG_LDU = 1
{
&CPT_LOWER_DU = 0
}
}

Var 0382, name sCPT_NORM_LDU, Link IOCARD_SW, Device 31, Input 6
{
IF &sCPT_NORM_LDU = 1
{
&CPT_LOWER_DU = 1
}
}

Var 0383, name sCPT_ND_LDU, Link IOCARD_SW, Device 31, Input 7
{
IF &sCPT_ND_LDU = 1
{
&CPT_LOWER_DU = 2
}
}
NobbyC_B738

Post by NobbyC_B738 »

Hi Ian,
thanks for offering another Lights Test.

It's perfect when you do this first without your Overheads connected. So we can see if the script causes these problems also when a hardware is not connected. Please let the script run with your actual connected OC hardware and look at the Overheads on the PC-Monitor to see what happens

Later, when you have connected your Overheads, test can be repeated and we can see if behavior is identical or different.

That procedure may help us and Roar to circle the problem.

Thank you in advance
Norbert
Best Regards
Norbert
(EDDH)
mvr1918
Site Admin

Post by mvr1918 »

Just a reminder.

If a module is added, i.e. the MIP ( Master 31,4,2,xx) in the PMDG B737.ini( airplane configuration file) and only have the
Boeing 737 MIP 2/3 structure (one seat) you need to disable the FO switches in the script. without doing this, there will be issues as the driver will not read the correct setting of a switch.

This must also be done for other modules that are in the pMDG B737.ini, if the modules are not fully equipped with all switches.

Adding // in front of the script codes that handle the non-existing switches will disable these switches.
First decompile the ssi script to a txt before adding the //. Then compile the modified script.
idj4

Post by idj4 »

mvr1918 wrote: Sun Dec 11, 2022 10:33 pm
Some panels can be wired a little different than others, so

Check with SIOC's SIOC Monitor that the DU switches are connected to the input numbers as seen here in the DU script parts
Roar

I've checked inputs in SIOC Monitor & IOCP Console and they're all correct.

Regards.

Ian
idj4

Post by idj4 »

NobbyC_B738 wrote: Mon Dec 12, 2022 11:40 am Hi Ian,
thanks for offering another Lights Test.

It's perfect when you do this first without your Overheads connected. So we can see if the script causes these problems also when a hardware is not connected. Please let the script run with your actual connected OC hardware and look at the Overheads on the PC-Monitor to see what happens

Later, when you have connected your Overheads, test can be repeated and we can see if behavior is identical or different.

That procedure may help us and Roar to circle the problem.

Thank you in advance
Norbert
Norbert

I've done another LIGHTS TEST using my MIP hardware, with & without my FWD_OH connected and I don't have the problems you are experiencing. All looks fine on the software FWD_OH.

You say you've connected a switch to a free input on your FWD-OH (Device 30)? Have you changed the Device number in the script for the LIGHTS TEST switch from 31 to 30? The TEST switch would normally be connected to Device 31, but you don't have it connected to the MIP.

Regards

Ian
idj4

Post by idj4 »

mvr1918 wrote: Mon Dec 12, 2022 3:18 pm
If a module is added, i.e. the MIP ( Master 31,4,2,xx) in the PMDG B737.ini( airplane configuration file) and only have the
Boeing 737 MIP 2/3 structure (one seat) you need to disable the FO switches in the script. without doing this, there will be issues as the driver will not read the correct setting of a switch.

This must also be done for other modules that are in the pMDG B737.ini, if the modules are not fully equipped with all switches.

Adding // in front of the script codes that handle the non-existing switches will disable these switches.
First decompile the ssi script to a txt before adding the //. Then compile the modified script.
Roar

I've disabled the FO DU switches in the script. This has now eliminated the CPT's DU switches turning to the left when a LIGHTS TEST is executed. However, they still turn to the left when Oi4FS driver is launched. Also the GPWS aural sounds still activate when a LIGHTS TEST is executed.

I've noticed the SOURCE knob (DISPLAYS) on the software FWD-OH doesn't return to the AUTO position once it's been moved from it. It will only select ALL ON 1 or ALL ON 2 even when the hardware knob is on AUTO.

Regards.
NobbyC_B738

Post by NobbyC_B738 »

Ian,
thanks for doing the tests so fast. The results tell me that original script seems to be o.k. with the lights test and I have to search in the OVH_AFT script section or in my OVH_AFT -script modifications. As described in my initial post I have hooked up some OVH-AFT parts (usually device 33) to my FWD-OVH and the switches and annunciators worked fine after linking them to device 30. I did the same with the lights test switch for my actual light tests only. If I didn't link switch to device 30 it would not work. I did this because it's much more easy to operate a switch when watching OVH and IOCPConsole than clicking on a screen.

I have had identical problems with the lights test before I have connected the lights test switch (when I clicked the switch on the monitor only) --> The script change regarding the lights test switch should not be my problem.

I have connected the LE Devices Panel to one of the device 30 mastercards and linked it accordingly. I fear that have deletd too much or not much enough of the device 33 script section.

I will disconnect all AFT_OVH parts and return to original script in that area now and see if problem is still existing.

Would you please repeat test after you have connected your AFT-OVH later. This result will definitely tell me, if the problem is located in the AFT-OVH script part (Roar explained that he has got this script part from another user and couldn't test) or if it is my modification. There seem to be only few user who have an OVH-AFT in use so I hope, you can help me.

Thanks again, your tests showed me definitely where to search.
Norbert
Attachments
Light_Test.jpg
Light_Test.jpg (46.13 KiB) Viewed 699 times
Best Regards
Norbert
(EDDH)